• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terrible experience with Aston Carter agency - beware!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrible experience with Aston Carter agency - beware!

There seems little forum for me to rectify the failings of my last agency, Aston Carter. My only recourse is to take my business elsewhere, which I have done, and to inform others of my terrible experience in the hope they will not have to suffer the issues I did, which is what I'm doing here.

I submitted an invoice to Aston Carter in September 2011. It was paid last week, 9 months later, after much wailing and gnashing of teeth!

Repeated attempts to communicate were met with silence... not only from the payments team but also my so-called agent. No-one was ever available, phone calls were never returned, and as of this day, not a single email replied to!

Luckily I had a contact in the HR team of the company my services were contracted to. With a little bit of pressure from them, Aston Carter coughed up.

Did they really think that if they just stone-walled me they could get away with not paying? Were they waiting for legal action (an expensive avenue which I was reticent to explore) before they did anything?

Do yourselves a favour, take your business elsewhere. Aston Carter is not worthy of your business and not worth the pain of having to deal with.

Thank you for listening - my rant is over!

Originally posted by skebanga View Post
    My only recourse is to take my business elsewhere, which I have done,
    You're not their customer. The client is their customer. Get a few of those to leave with you and they might take note otherwise they won't give a flying ****.

Comment

It appears someone didn't do their homework first....

aston carter site:contractoruk.com - Google Search

Search will all Aston Carter complaint threads... and there are alot.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        It appears someone didn't do their homework first....

aston carter site:contractoruk.com - Google Search

Search will all Aston Carter complaint threads... and there are alot.
        Still dont get it... My last contract was with these lot and I had no issues, generally paid within 5 working days etc. Must be luck of the draw!
        I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

they are absolute t0ssers of the highest order

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
            Still dont get it... My last contract was with these lot and I had no issues, generally paid within 5 working days etc. Must be luck of the draw!
            I bet some of it depends who the client is. No agency is going to mess around with the IBs. But AC have alot of smaller clients.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I bet some of it depends who the client is. No agency is going to mess around with the IBs. But AC have alot of smaller clients.
              Ah, mine wasnt a IB but was a v big client based near Embankment...
              I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Working...
              X