• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do the least amount of work and get rewarded for that!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do the least amount of work and get rewarded for that!

Is this true of all the permie jobs? The least amount of work you do and the more you are rewarded for effectively managing your time in the best possible way and for optimising resources!

p.s. the only drawback is that you are supposed to reduce your working time by making the working day longer with unnecessary and unproductive overtime.

bzzzz... brain..... overflow.... NaN exception.....
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Congtats Francko

...has the bonus come through ?
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
      Congtats Francko

...has the bonus come through ?
      Yeah, well but I spent it on a dinner and a few drinks already.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
        Is this true of all the permie jobs? The least amount of work you do and the more you are rewarded for effectively managing your time in the best possible way and for optimising resources!
        It's true of most companies I've been in. All too often techies are regarded as ignorant easily fooled nerds.

It took me ages to realise that a) hard work is irrelevant b) good work is irrelevant c) helping others is irrelevant and d) arse licking and politics are all important. If you work hard, and are productive, chances are the tw@t who manages you takes all the credit, gets a pay rise, and puts you down.

Course, it's not true of all companies. It was especially true of Piss-on (humorously known by some as Psion) where the directors thought you were lucky to be allowed to work in the presence of such superior beings as them.

Fungus

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
          Yeah, well but I spent it on a dinner and a few drinks already.
          McDonalds is expensive these days innit?

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus
            It's true of most companies I've been in. All too often techies are regarded as ignorant easily fooled nerds.

It took me ages to realise that a) hard work is irrelevant b) good work is irrelevant c) helping others is irrelevant and d) arse licking and politics are all important. If you work hard, and are productive, chances are the tw@t who manages you takes all the credit, gets a pay rise, and puts you down.

Course, it's not true of all companies. It was especially true of Piss-on (humorously known by some as Psion) where the directors thought you were lucky to be allowed to work in the presence of such superior beings as them.

Fungus
            True.

Also ...the more laborious the contract the more petite the rate.

Comment

Working...
            X