• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How the heck can you not have IMAP with Hotmail/Live?!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How the heck can you not have IMAP with Hotmail/Live?!

Changing my email and reveretd to a back up Live email account for the time being and it doesn't allow IMAP, getting my arse back to GMAIL asap it seems!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Changing my email and reveretd to a back up Live email account for the time being and it doesn't allow IMAP, getting my arse back to GMAIL asap it seems!
    Dont use Hotmail but am surprised that any major player wouldn't provide IMAP.

Just did a quick Google on how to get IMAP with Hotmail and one of the 'solutions' made me chuckle, It was titled 'Use IMAP with your Hotmail account!!' and the solution was effectively 1. Set up Gmail account 2. Set your Hotmail account to forward to the new Gmail account 3. Set up your mail application connected via IMAP to the Gmail account. You now have Hotmail IMAP!

Eeerm

Comment

If you are looking for a good provider though, I migrated MyCo and my Plan B's to Google Apps for Business (the paid one) a while back and its been great.

Comment

you'll want office 365 for imap with outlook online
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

I must admit their new outlook.com which is replacing Hotmail/Live looks quite good, but nothing to stop me transferring my new domain to google apps
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Has anyone used Office 365 with multiple domains?

Its price looks comparable with what I pay for Google Apps but the MS Office integration within 365 vs Google Docs etc looks tempting (never really liked Google docs, had too many Office docs with formatting issues within it)

Plans & pricing

Google Apps manages multiple domains but not as i'd like, meaning i've had to take out multiple accounts to hold individual Plan B's.

EDITED - Actually, just looked and Google Apps CAN now handle non-aliased domains properly so I'll change the question to does anyone use Office 365 full stop and is it decent?
            Last edited by Durbs; 1 August 2012, 11:59.

Comment

Working...
            X