• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good deal or bad deal?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good deal or bad deal?

Just had the insurance company on the phone offering me a cash settlement against my stolen Dell M1330.

Basically they found an alternative,
    NEW : Dell XPS 14z, i5, 8Gb Ram, 750Gb Hdd, 1Gb NVidia, 14" screen, slightly higher res.
    OLD : Dell M1330, T7500, 2Gb Ram, 120Gb HDD, 128Mb Nvidia, 13" screen.

Initial offer was £679, I said no, they then upped the spec of there target PC.

So after 5 years my laptop has dropped from £1340 to £850, drop of approx 37.5%.

Pretty good I would say. Will go shopping when the cash arrives.

Everything else has been pretty favourable too, absolutely dire communications from the loss adjusters though.

16Gb Iphone 3G - £510 cash settlement as only alternative was 16Gb Iphone 4.
    Xbox 360, PS3, cameras all replaced or bettered.

Now for the 2nd heat, the jewellery and miscellaneous.

Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Some good news out of the c**p that is being burgled.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
      So after 5 years my laptop has dropped from £1340 to £850, drop of approx 37.5%.
      Thats jammy! After 5 years, it should have dropped from £1340 to taking up space in the loft.

Comment

Working...
      X