PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon naps

Spacecadet
6th August 2012, 14:36
Offices really do need some sort of facilities to allow people to slope off for a little snooze in the afternoon

BolshieBastard
6th August 2012, 14:37
At a previous client, I used the car park. And not just at lunchtime either. :smokin

BrilloPad
I doubt it would just be used for naps.

I remember the disabled toilet at JP MOrgan Aldermanbury being closed due to "improper use". I always wondered what that meant. Sex? Drugs? Both?

SimonMac
Offices really do need some sort of facilities to allow people to slope off for a little snooze in the afternoon

One place had a first aid room with a bed, another we but a cot up in the server room, although if you feel asleep for too long you'd get hypothermia from the AC

Old Greg
6th August 2012, 14:38
I like to work at home.

EternalOptimist
6th August 2012, 14:42
I doubt it would just be used for naps.

I remember the disabled toilet at JP MOrgan Aldermanbury being closed due to "improper use". I always wondered what that meant. Sex? Drugs? Both?

ten years or so ago, at Radders, the girl on the team came back from the ladies bright red. She had seen two pairs of high heels , facing each other, with lots of slurpy kissing noises coming from the bog next door.

tugging material for a year that was

:rolleyes:

d000hg
6th August 2012, 14:43
At a previous client, I used the car park. And not just at lunchtime either. :smokinSounds uncomfortable and cold.

SimonMac
6th August 2012, 14:54
ten years or so ago, at Radders, the girl on the team came back from the ladies bright red. She had seen two pairs of high heels , facing each other, with lots of slurpy kissing noises coming from the bog next door.

tugging material for a year that was

:rolleyes:

Not if one of them is NLadyUK

EternalOptimist
6th August 2012, 14:56
Not if one of them is NLadyUK

don't spoil it you swine.

Durbs
6th August 2012, 15:08

I agree, I operate so much better after a little snooze.

Have worked with quite a few contractors who would head to their cars at lunchtime for a kip. Never done that even last year when I was finding myself so knackered by the afternoon that I was ready to drop. Convinced myself for a while it was some horrific cancer but after a trip to the docs, it turned out I had Glandular Fever :sick

jmo21
6th August 2012, 15:47
I worked with a guy once who was quite proud to admit he would have an hours kip in the toilet after having hung his jacket on his chair.

BolshieBastard
6th August 2012, 16:16
Sounds uncomfortable and cold.

I said car park, not bike shed. Try taking the car to work instead of the bike. :tumble:

SimonMac
6th August 2012, 16:17
Has anyone else ever worked with someone who took a nap at their desk, usually 10-15 mins at the end of their lunch?!

My line manager at a PS place would regularly take these naps

BolshieBastard
6th August 2012, 16:47
Has anyone else ever worked with someone who took a nap at their desk, usually 10-15 mins at the end of their lunch?!

My line manager at a PS place would regularly take these naps

No but worked with a manager who took a nap in an important meeting once. Resorted to knocking out some loud zzzzzz's as well.