• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rolodex

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolodex

anyone got one for all the business cards you get handed? or do people use another more high tech scanning method / app ?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Originally posted by chef View Post
    anyone got one for all the business cards you get handed? or do people use another more high tech scanning method / app ?
    LinkedIn

HTH
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
      LinkedIn

HTH
      WSS

They end up in a drawer in my desk. People I want to stay in contact with are added to my phone/email address book(s)
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        I'm getting the feeling that your new office is being built to make Gordon Gekko feel at home
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          I'm getting the feeling that your new office is being built to make Gordon Gekko feel at home
          hahaha no.

it's more the case that i have been sorting out stuff from current home office and come across a load of business cards that are useful but i can't be bothered to type in all the details, but at the same time I don't want to bin then in case they're useful in the future, i might just scan them in batches and save the files.

obvious solution of a rolodex came to mind but hten that did seem too Gordon Gekko 80's feel to it.

You'll be happy to know that minimalism is they way forward with a simple but sturdy wooden desk made out of reclaimed wood is in the process of being ordered.

Comment

I'd expect you can get an app that let's you photo them and do ocr.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              I'd expect you can get an app that let's you photo them and do ocr.
              just what i'm in the process of researching.

p.s just sent you a mail re: another topic

Comment

I'd a few leather holders back in the early 90s. That became too expensive so I kept one with regularly used contacts and put the rest in A4 plastic business card holders. (eg Esselte 78930).

When that became too much hassle I typed them in every three months after I'd done the VAT return, then bunged the cards in an old biscuit tin. Since I rarely refer to the business cards I just type them into Outlook every winter break now

LinkedIn, mobile telephone, e-mail client, Outlook (and the old biscuit tin) these days.

Comment

Scan them and print the scan off. How many can you get on a sheet of A4

Or go to your local train/underground station and ask for a load of the wallets they hand out. Then glue them round the outside of a toilet roll tube. Fill the inside of the tube with Plasticine and ram a pencil trough it. Twist the pencil a few times and let it harden. Then balance it on an empty show box.
                  Last edited by BoredBloke; 21 August 2012, 17:10.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                  X