• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My start to the weekend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My start to the weekend

Driving home from work (early) to go to a physio appointment - treatment for my whiplash from my accident back in June.

I cut across country, and was heading through Pirton when I rounded a corner to see the results of a two car head on.

I got out and walked up to the scene, where this frizzy haired lady was trying to help the driver (gent in his late 60s) out of the car. She was halfway through pulling him out when she realised she couldn't take his weight. She was getting quite worried about the smoke pouring out of the bonnet. The sizzling sound and smell were familiar - battery was smashed. Knowing what this could possibly mean I nipped and and pulled this chap from the wreck. Claret all over me. I took him to the verge and he was adamant he wanted to lay down. Instinctively I laid him down (probably the totally wrong thing to do) and kept talking to him until the paramedics arrived (as if his day couldn't get any worse - being yapped at by suity ffs)

He was getting quite anxious about his glasses, so I went back to the smoking wreck to find them. His wife was in autopilot mode, going round taking details from everyone even though she too was leaking claret from both wrists. "it's ok I always bleed like this, I'm on warfarin" she said.

The other car was a spectacular wreck and the firemen had to cut the other driver free - elderly lady.

Like being on the set of casualty or summat. Horrific.

Thought I'd share.

Drive safely all.

Suity
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

I cut across country, and was heading through Pirton when I rounded a corner to see the results of a two car head on. ...
    Crikey - I planned to set off from clientco in half an hour, cut across country from Cambridge to Biggleswade and join the A1 at the last roundabout before the M25. Maybe that's an omen.

Although the windy country roads (or the ones I would be on) are nice and empty, they're far more dangerous than just heading down the M11 - Two cars colliding head on at 60 MPH doesn't bear thinking about, especially if I'm in one of them! It takes only a moment's inattention or a nutter overtaking in the wrong place...
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

You're probably going to get sued for hurting him by moving him

Going back to the car probably a dumb move but good job.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Nce one suity, many lesser-men would have kept on driving

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post

Sorry, forgot to mention that - WHS
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Thanks Doogie, that's reassuring. Given that he was halfway out of the car and about to be dropped by this woman I did the best I could. It was the Christian thing to do I guess

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
              Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Sorry, forgot to mention that - WHS
              Thanks. Helps. I'll always be a bedwetter on here though to some

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

in America definitely.. the UK not so much i think..

well done suity..

Comment

Thanks Doogie, that's reassuring. Given that he was halfway out of the car and about to be dropped by this woman I did the best I could. It was the Christian thing to do I guess
                  I'm probably far too cynical I have heard though that if you give someone CPR or mouth-to-mouth you can potentially kill them so I'd be terrified. I guess you just have to make the call.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Knowing what this could possibly mean I nipped and and pulled this chap from the wreck. Claret all over me. I took him to the verge and he was adamant he wanted to lay down. Then stole his Rolex; nice one, too. Should be worth a few quid.
                    That was the bit where I stopped reading.
                    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Working...
                    X