• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ever paid someone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever paid someone?

As a fairly independent person and a Yorkshire man (read tight), I pretty much do everything for myself like cooking, cleaning, shopping, ironing, washing etc etc

Though I am wondering if this is the best use of my time? Has anyone got some help in, how did it work out? Obviously id be employing the youngest most attractive person who applied.

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    As a fairly independent person and a Yorkshire man (read tight), I pretty much do everything for myself like cooking, cleaning, shopping, ironing, washing etc etc

Though I am wondering if this is the best use of my time? Has anyone got some help in, how did it work out? Obviously id be employing the youngest most attractive person who applied.
    recently taken on a gardener, £7.5 a week
    and a winder cleaner obv.

and I pay my son in law to do big maintenance jobs around the house

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I used to have a cleaner, think I will get one again when I move to new house. I will nee one after all the trades men are finished.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post

I used to spend half my weekend doing this, then I got someone in.

For me £10 an hour for someone else to do this is money well spent, I also align the grocery delivery to when they are there so they put everything away too.
        Its like a serviced apartment.

Bit of trial and error to find a good one though.

Princess Dallas

Comment

Have had cleaners and gardeners in the past.

About to get a cleaner again as I hate cleaning, I'm renting and the garden isn't my own so will get someone to come in to tidy up. My old gardener used to help me with fencing and whatnot.

Well worth it.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I used to have an odd job man who took my puppy out for walks several times a day, painted the windows, tidied up the garden and so on. I put him on my car insurance so that he could get new tyres and exhausts fitted or fetch building materials while I was at work. He'd also run me to airports and pick me up when I got back, which worked out cheaper than either taxis or airport parking.

He was always punctual and let me concentrate on invoicing. Sadly a neighbour poached him for house renovation.

At various other times I've had cleaners who also did washing and ironing. Well worth it if you can find a good one.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

A good cleaner is worth their weight in gold. Or cillit bang or something.

I'd not worry about young and attractive, really hot women don't tend to clean strangers loos for minimum wage so concentrate on getting a good cleaner and spend the time you save in the gym, studying, in therapy or whatever it takes to make yourself attractive and confident enough that you don't think hiring a cleaner is your best hope of getting laid.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                That reminds me. Let them choose their own cleaning materials. Let them get these themselves and provide a receipt which you will reimburse.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

If you want a cleaner try and get one by word of mouth.

The cleaning companies tend to have a high turnover of staff simply because it's not that hard to set up as a cleaner yourself. So for a few months you will have a good one then suddenly the cleaning of your house won't be done properly.

Virtually all cleaners use the products and equipment in your home.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post

I'd not worry about young and attractive, really hot women don't tend to clean strangers loos for minimum wage so concentrate on getting a good cleaner and spend the time you save in the gym, studying, in therapy or whatever it takes to make yourself attractive and confident enough that you don't think hiring a cleaner is your best hope of getting laid.
                    It was a joke, the help is beneath me and not literally.

Comment

Working...
                    X