• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone has experience working at Capita

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone has experience working at Capita

Hi,

I know this has been asked before back in 2009 but since its been a while and the env. could have changed slightly?
    Does anyone knows about working at capita?

I heard they do hire and fire quickly (does anyone has any personal experience of this?)

Edit: This is for software developer Contract role

Thanks

You are a contractor, their hiring and firing habit has nothing to do with you.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      You are a contractor, their hiring and firing habit has nothing to do with you.
      So hiring and firing only happens to permies??

Does the wording really need to be so contractor precise. We all know what he means PedanticLadUK

Comment

Middle of the road...

I've been with them for 6 months in public sector in a del manager role. Lots of paperwork to start and pretty inflexible in terms of contract/trying to get them to do things in parallel. Once signed up, they're fine...only one bollox up on their self billing led to late payment. Rather like my women, I've been with better and definitely worse...very much middle of the road for me.

Next renewal will be fun as their new public sector taxation stuff in the contract will kick in (at which point I'll be slinging my hook).

B

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
          So hiring and firing only happens to permies??

Does the wording really need to be so contractor precise. We all know what he means PedanticLadUK
          Bearing in mind this is the OP that thinks lying on his CV to look like a contractor as he has little to no experience as one so I think a lesson on a change of thinking for this particular OP is one he needs to take heed of.

We might know what he means but he doesn't.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'm with Capita, along with about 40,000 other people. But then they have dozens of independent subsidiary companies like my client; it would be foolish to assume they all treated their contractors the same way. Permies is another matter - but who cares about permies?
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Haven't been with Capita since 2002. then they were pretty good, particularly on the payment front.

Since, I have applied for one or two roles but their contractor recruitment processes puts me off bothering again.

Comment

Originally posted by acontractor View Post
                Hi,

I know this has been asked before back in 2009 but since its been a while and the env. could have changed slightly?
                Does anyone knows about working at capita?

I heard they do hire and fire quickly (does anyone has any personal experience of this?)

Edit: This is for software developer Contract role

Thanks
                Crapita are ******* tulipe. I wouldnt work for them again. They want a ton on intrusive info off you before they'll consider you for a contract role, and seem to have taken to the governments scheme of making sure your iR35 caught ot at least account for the taxes you should pay as if caught.

Avoid!!
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by bracken View Post

Next renewal will be fun as their new public sector taxation stuff in the contract will kick in (at which point I'll be slinging my hook).

B
                  Is this only for renewals or new contractors as well? Any pointers of where I can find more information about the taxation...

Comment

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...ntracting.html
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X