• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recruiter: blatant disregard towards professionalism and ethics!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recruiter: blatant disregard towards professionalism and ethics!

Recruiter: blatant disregard towards professionalism and ethics! Who knew.

This morning I received a very interesting email in my inbox, from a colleague of mine at The IRG, who explained that I simply had to read it! This email appears to have gone viral around large and small agencies – and is a clear example of how NOT to behave when dealing with a client. As you’ll see, the email starts with a Rec2Rec blind submitting a candidate of theirs into a contact at this large agency. What follows is a very amusing conversation, which turns into a slagging match – with the Rec2Rec showing some very shocking behaviour indeed!
    Viral Email Blows Whistle On Shocking Recruiter Behaviour..
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Nice for them to see it from our point of view.

I get daily emails from people like regressive and many 3 year olds could write more professionally.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

lol they are so full of their own tulip, 'it's gone viral'

12 comments and 4 likes haha, it's not likely to become epidemic this winter I guess.

Comment

I don't find this shocking at all. I've been dealing with recruiters for years. Some are lowlifes, some are ok.

And some are D.A.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

A rec2rec must be some sort of hyper parasite. That's basically caniballism
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

To be fair, I don't think stupidity is restricted to recruiters.

Lots of people speak before they think. Was in a meeting recently where one girl described a colleague in the next room (whom she didn't know) as "looking like a paedophile". There was a shocked silence, but she still didn't shut up.

Comment

Probably no worse than the sort of e-mails flying round the White House or Buckingham Palace.

In the past this kind of thing would have just been a bit of a "hoo ha" on the phone, now everyone's embarassing tantrums gets sent round the web.

I think e-mails exacerbates things, a phone "hoo ha" would probably be a lot less embarassing.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Be interesting to know what recruiter!!! I've had a problem reccon for a few years who just won't take no for an answer!! Always phones with a blocked number and when told I am 99% certain I will never work for them again still phones just in case!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MayContainNuts View Post
                  Be interesting to know what recruiter!!! I've had a problem reccon for a few years who just won't take no for an answer!! Always phones with a blocked number and when told I am 99% certain I will never work for them again still phones just in case!!!
                  He's a recruiter. His knowledge of percentages probably comes from the apprentice which means he thinks there is an 11% chance you'll change your mind.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Just a cute form of getting inbound links to their site, probably completely made up.

Comment

Working...
                    X