• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kindle publishing and US tax treatment - Anyone clued up?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kindle publishing and US tax treatment - Anyone clued up?

It's all in the title. I have a few ideas but don't know if I want to get involved with US sales. It all depends on how much aggro there is involved. I remember a colleague once had to go through the hoops of obtaining an ITIN in order to be able to deal in the US and according to him that was an absolute nightmare, if I have to go that route I won't even bother with US sales.

Details of any experiences would be appreciated.

TY
    Last edited by tractor; 30 September 2012, 14:11.

It is worth it.

This is something I have already gone through, all the info you need is contained in my blog: - I hope that provides your answer http://fastmacsblog.blogspot.co.uk/ I did all the work but selling books in the US is not easy given the proliferation of authors in the US vying for sales.
    Last edited by Fastmac; 4 January 2013, 18:00. Reason: to create hyperlink

Comment

Originally posted by Fastmac View Post
      This is something I have already gone through, all the info you need is contained in my blog: - I hope that provides your answer FastMac - The Ramblings of Life I did all the work but selling books in the US is not easy given the proliferation of authors in the US vying for sales.
      Thanks for that. It confirmed what I thought when I read the Amazon stuff i.e don't bother.

Comment

Working...
      X