• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rolling Stones 02 Arena

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolling Stones 02 Arena

Rolling Stones announce gigs in London and New York

Pre-sale tickets for the UK dates are already available with prices ranging from £106 - £406 including ticket fees
    Thought I'd try & get a couple so went to Ticketmaster. Cheapest ticket = £297. Total for 2 tickets (inc £108 handling fee) = £712.57

Feck that. Saw 'em in '82 for a tenner. Got the J Geils Band & Black Uhuru thrown in for that too.

Those were the days

Originally posted by wurzel View Post

Feck that. Saw 'em in '82 for a tenner. Got the J Geils Band & Black Uhuru thrown in for that too.
    The Stones had more competition in those days

I watched Arsenal vs Chelsea for £1.50 in 72

Comment

Thought I'd try & get a couple so went to Ticketmaster. Cheapest ticket = £297. Total for 2 tickets (inc £108 handling fee) = £712.57

Wow £sterling has devalued a lot.

Also J Geils Band! classic. FREEZE FRAME
      Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
        Also J Geils Band! classic. FREEZE FRAME
        and Centrefold...

...was the song of that summer. They ripped the place up when they played that one.

Comment

Yep..me too at Sid James Park
          Blood in your poo

Comment

108 quid handling fee?

How the feck can they justify that? And I thought Cliff Richard was expensive ...
            Last edited by Zippy; 15 October 2012, 14:25.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

With the increase in ticket prices I take it he has improved that ridiculous American accent? The talky bit in miss you is one of the reasons I can't take the stones seriously, it reminds me of the card playing scene in weird science.

...oh and that really camp 80s video where he is running around in a stripey t-shirt

...and the poetry tulip in Hyde Park, wtf was that all about?

I could go on.

And I wish they would just call the 'handling charge' the 'my profit from your purchase charge'. 108 for 2 tickets implies that they will be lead ingots and can only be transported 50 at time.

Comment

Mick looks like he is morphing into Ian Brown in that pic

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                  108 quid handling fee?
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Was that the Rolling Stones Farewell Tour? I say the 1971 Rolling Stones Farewell Tour (with the Groundhogs). Can't remember how much it cost, may have been as much as £3. You know, £3 0s 0d.
                    Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Working...
                    X