• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GCS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GCS

Has anyone had any experience with them? Just had an interesting conversation with them, which turned out to be a fishing exercise.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Plus this into Google, they don't seem to have improved since these:

gcs site:contractoruk.com
    Last edited by captainham; 25 October 2012, 08:59.

Comment

Re: GCS

Thanks for that. The conversation with the agent was flawed beyond belief. Not just asking for 2 references, but name dropping my old clients, allegedly inventing a company, saying the role he is approaching me for is similar to my last one, when it wasn't.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
        Has anyone had any experience with them? Just had an interesting conversation with them, which turned out to be a fishing exercise.
        They got me sorted pretty quickly for my last gig - first conversation on the Tuesday Evening, phone interview Wednesday Afternoon, offered Wednesday Evening, started Monday. Agent sounded like a braying, braces wearing rugger type. Full of tulipe but... they pay weekly and it wasn't late..

It's just a contracting fact of life - remember to sup with a long spoon

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          They got me sorted pretty quickly for my last gig - first conversation on the Tuesday Evening, phone interview Wednesday Afternoon, offered Wednesday Evening, started Monday. Agent sounded like a braying, braces wearing rugger type. Full of tulipe but... they pay weekly and it wasn't late..

It's just a contracting fact of life - remember to sup with a long spoon
          Did they ask you for 2 references up front?

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
            Did they ask you for 2 references up front?
            No. They had a role they wanted filling asap. I never gave any references, from start to finish. Like you said in your OP, it was a fishing trip - just part of the game!

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              No. They had a role they wanted filling asap. I never gave any references, from start to finish. Like you said in your OP, it was a fishing trip - just part of the game!
              +1 for GCS, no references asked for at any stage, was great. weekly pay always good, agents I deal with always friendly too. no complaints.

(London office though, don't know about their other offices)

Comment

I have never represented a company that demanded references upfront.

But I doubt I will come across a SME agency that will never ask for them...its part of the game. If you know the game, then dont give them out. I usually just tell them upfront why I want the info, most of the time that works, if it doesnt then some shtick about getting references wouldnt work.

Comment

Working...
                X