• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Barclays Online Banking - how to add a reference?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barclays Online Banking - how to add a reference?

When I transfer money in/out of my co. Account one used to be able to add a reference to the transaction.

That facility does not seem to be available in the updated version of their UI.

So, in 6 months time when I look at the £80 showing as a receipt on my co a/c statement, I won't remember that it was a transfer from my personal account to repay a co debit card transaction I made in Sainsburys because Id left my personal debit card at home.

Or perhaps I'm missing something? I've emailed their support team but I don't expect a response.

Alt-F4, then type your REF.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Alt-F4
      Obvious really .... bloody stupid designers should be bitch-slapped. Daily.

Comment

You can also hit the pay later (or whatever it is called, can't remember as I'm not looking at it right now) button and then on the next screen add a reference and pay now.

Again, rubbish design but hey...

Comment

Makes you wonder if the designers had ever heard of use cases.

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
            You can also hit the pay later (or whatever it is called, can't remember as I'm not looking at it right now) button and then on the next screen add a reference and pay now.

Just what I was going to say.

And thanks for the reminder to go check my online banking.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              <mtt>
              This is change request
              </mtt>
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Ahh! So that's how it works! I only ever use the transfer immediately option and you don't see it there.

Thankyou.

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                Good point DS.

ABBOTSBURY!

Comment

I'd suggest a move to Cater Allen as well. I've recently done so and am very happy.

Comment

I'd suggest a move to Cater Allen as well. I've recently done so and am very happy.
                    Can you download files to squirt into FreeAgent?
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X