• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it that time of year again?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it that time of year again?

I notice that InTouch have increased their fee very recently! I just hope this doesn't begin the onset of fee increase season across the board. Plus I can't see that they have changed their service structure either.

Anyone else noticed any imminent increases elsewhere?

Originally posted by NickWallace87 View Post
    I notice that InTouch have increased their fee very recently! I just hope this doesn't begin the onset of fee increase season across the board. Plus I can't see that they have changed their service structure either.

Anyone else noticed any imminent increases elsewhere?
    Three quid? Come on, that's barely inflation.

Comment

Hi Nick

We do review the fee each September, and this year we made the decision to increase broadly in line with inflation. We have increasing costs of our own due to suppliers and staff (we tried bribing with cakes, but that only works for so long) so the fee increase covers our costs.

That being said, we have also put a massive amount of time and resource into development work this year. Older clients will see the results in our new tax return process, and new clients will see the results soon when we release a new shiny portal that has more features.

Plus, it's only £3 a month. That's barely a pint these days, and we do our very best to still offer a brilliant service at one of the lowest fees in the market :-)
      ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        Three quid? Come on, that's barely inflation.
        Wasn't commenting on the amount really. Just wondering if more will soon follow. Plus being a northern lad that's the cost of a couple of pies at the weekend!

Comment

You gotta like a company that equates their price rises against a pint of beer. That is a language I can understand!
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            You gotta like a company that equates their price rises against a pint of beer. That is a language I can understand!
            It's my kind of perspective! That or a couple bars of dairy milk

Comment

Wasn't commenting on the amount really. Just wondering if more will soon follow. Plus being a northern lad that's the cost of a couple of pies at the weekend!
              The solution of course is to refer a new client, then you get a month free and it's more than cancelled out

Comment

Pie. Fair point, well made

Comment

Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
                  The solution of course is to refer a new client, then you get a month free and it's more than cancelled out
                  To be honest I'm more than happy with my current accountant and would refer to them. Cost slightly more (helps me keep the pie consumption down) but have always had top class service. Couldn't fault them.

Comment

To be honest I'm more than happy with my current accountant and would refer to them. Cost slightly more (helps me keep the pie consumption down) but have always had top class service. Couldn't fault them.
                    So you're not even a client of theirs and your own accountant charges more than even their increased fee...the point of this post is what exactly?

Or is this a back-handed compliment and you're actually an InTouch sockie...

Comment

Working...
                    X