• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Explain Syria to Me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Explain Syria to Me

I am not a follower of the news, especially conflicty stuff. I caught an article on Syria and is basically said :

Obama administration toppled Gadafi to liberate his weapons for use in Syria by the Muslim Brotherhood to in turn topple Assad.

Question 1) Is this around about what happened, or some conspiracy theory?

Question 2) Why do the yanks want Assad out?

Question 3) Why do the Ruskies want Assad in?

Question 4) Should I bleed the radiators?

I have been far to wrapped up in work and messing with my Raspberry Pi to pay any attention so need help here.

Thanks in advance. <inserts head back in rectum>
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I am not a follower of the news, especially conflicty stuff. I caught an article on Syria and is basically said :

Obama administration toppled Gadafi to liberate his weapons for use in Syria by the Muslim Brotherhood to in turn topple Assad.

Question 1) Is this around about what happened, or some conspiracy theory?

Question 2) Why do the yanks want Assad out?

Question 3) Why do the Ruskies want Assad in?

Question 4) Should I bleed the radiators?

I have been far to wrapped up in work and messing with my Raspberry Pi to pay any attention so need help here.

Thanks in advance. <inserts head back in rectum>
    You have asked loaded questions that are misleading. Obviously the BBC propaganda machine is working. I suggest that you get your new from more than one source so that you get a more balanced view.

Take a look at a map and see where Syria is located and then it will make sense.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      You have asked loaded questions that are misleading. Obviously the BBC propaganda machine is working. I suggest that you get your new from more than one source so that you get a more balanced view.

Take a look at a map and see where Syria is located and then it will make sense.
      Between turkey, Israel and Iraq.

Comment

Suity speaks
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Oh good, you don't know either then.

Comment

The answer to all the questions are the same:

Syria Oil - production - Economy
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              The answer to all the questions are the same:

Syria Oil - production - Economy
              Right so it's a turf war between east and west to get their mitts on the oil.

So why do the yanks want to topple Assad? Putting in a Muslim brothers super power gives the east the upper hand no? Or is it some puppet regime like they did in Iraq?

Comment

Between turkey, Israel and Iraq.
                Hint, Israel & Iran
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Hint, Israel & Iran
                  To do with flight paths? I read about this somewhere.

Comment

Not looking good. Israel has bombed Damascus overnight (2nd bombing raid in recent days).
                    Could well kick off big-time - will that be welcome news to those caught in a civil war? Or will it make matters a lot worse?

BBC News - Damascus military facilities 'hit by Israel rockets'
                    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                    X