• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lloyds

I've had my CV put forward for a number of roles and all that seems to happen is they get forwarded and the you hear nothing. All the pimps say its because they use some HR portal rather than dealing with the actual hiring manager. I sent my CV for one role, the CV was forwarded on the 26th and still they have not got around to reviewing them and drawing up a lits of people to see. The agent said its not uncommon for them to take up to 3 weeks!! Things worked faster in the days of faxes and landlines. Its not suprising that they are in the cr@p that they are if this is how they act!!
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

I think HR is where they employ the English Lit graduates that couldn't get a job in the local pub.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
      I've had my CV put forward for a number of roles and all that seems to happen is they get forwarded and the you hear nothing. All the pimps say its because they use some HR portal rather than dealing with the actual hiring manager. I sent my CV for one role, the CV was forwarded on the 26th and still they have not got around to reviewing them and drawing up a lits of people to see. The agent said its not uncommon for them to take up to 3 weeks!! Things worked faster in the days of faxes and landlines. Its not suprising that they are in the cr@p that they are if this is how they act!!
      If your CV goes through HR you have no chance unless you copy a paste the job spec from the advert into your CV
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I had a nightmare with my last application. Agent submitted me without asking took weeks to find out what was going on. 2 months later, after giving him a polite telling off I asked how the application was proceeding, nothing apparently, they are not interested at present, asked him to remove my application and miraculously, that same day the clientco wanted to interview me. I used to think there was no point in pestering the pimps but they are useless tulips at times/always.

Comment

I've done a gig for LTSB before for over 12 months, most of my experience is retail banking and my CV is a perfect match for the job spec's (after it's been tuned up), and I must have put CV's for 6 roles and never heard from 5 of them.

You're not alone...

Comment

LBG go through Hyphen, agent gets 8%, hyphen get 2% but if hyphen place themselves then they get all 10%.

Also LBG have people cost boards to jump through for bringing on headcount. So you jump through one board to get approval to bring on a contractor but this doesn't give you the right to pay them, thats another cost board.

So managers decide to get the job spec out early but don't have people cost board approval, this might not meet for another 2 weeks and if get knocked back then its a further 2 weeks...

It can be a nightmare and the agent knows nothing about it so can't keep you informed. Other times they can have everything lined up and sorted out and its very slick but it's usually the former.
            Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by Notascooby View Post
              LBG go through Hyphen, agent gets 8%, hyphen get 2% but if hyphen place themselves then they get all 10%.

Also LBG have people cost boards to jump through for bringing on headcount. So you jump through one board to get approval to bring on a contractor but this doesn't give you the right to pay them, thats another cost board.

So managers decide to get the job spec out early but don't have people cost board approval, this might not meet for another 2 weeks and if get knocked back then its a further 2 weeks...

It can be a nightmare and the agent knows nothing about it so can't keep you informed. Other times they can have everything lined up and sorted out and its very slick but it's usually the former.
              So they spend more money costing stuff than it can ever actually cost.

See here the real reason for western economic decline.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                So they spend more money costing stuff than it can ever actually cost.

See here the real reason for western economic decline.
                You should see their Outline Technology Estimate which involves the "Expert Estimating Group" where before you can even start asking for funding for a project, you need to predict (without study or design) how much the entire project will cost.

Quite something!
                Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by Notascooby View Post

The pimp says that the job is signed off, that there is a purchase order in place and that my CV has gone over. But because of this 3rd party they cannot chase things or get time estimates. I can't understand how a big company can act like that. Surely if you spend 2 weeks farting about before even deciding who to see, the people they probably want will no longer be available and you'll end up with a choice out of who is left!! The role I'm up for is in leeds. So a fairly easy day commute, able to stay at home etc but because of the time they are taking I'll probably end up doing another job in London.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Are all LBG contracts going through Hyphen now? I remember dealing with Reed a few years back.
                    If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Working...
                    X