• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC contracts

I have found a role at BBC for my niche, do contracts at BBC get handles via an agency or is it possible to go direct?

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
    I have found a role at BBC for my niche, do contracts at BBC get handles via an agency or is it possible to go direct?
    What did they say when you asked them?

Also, ask them damn quick before someone else jumps in there.
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Will you be the new Director General?

Comment

The BBC definitely employ Ltd's direct, it's a pain in the ass invoicing as you have to use their online portal which can take an age to set up. I get all my bbc work through word of mouth though so not sure where to start from that side

Comment

Originally posted by pcgtron View Post
          The BBC definitely employ Ltd's direct, it's a pain in the ass invoicing as you have to use their online portal which can take an age to set up. I get all my bbc work through word of mouth though so not sure where to start from that side
          Even following their decision not to change existing PSC's to employees to comply with moral pressure from the general public??
          Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

They go through Reed right? Be careful with the rate, as Reed will then use agencies and often they will use an agency who then uses another agency. So you could end being quite shafted with the rate.

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
              Will you be the new Director General?

Surprised no-one's commented but that's very funny!

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                Even following their decision not to change existing PSC's to employees to comply with moral pressure from the general public??
                Are you sure this isn't related to the 'on-air' staff at the moment. The devil is in the details on this one.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                  I'm talking here from a crew perspective, they have no choice but to employ me and other freelance crew as just that, we are freelance and HMRC have told us so. I provide my own equipment, work in a different place most days and am always on contracts of no more than 6 months, which never get extended (well maybe by a week) and then i'm onto my next job, which more than likely is not with the Beeb. i'll tn go back to them at some point when the call comes in for the next job. The BBC just cannot afford to put all their staff on employed terms especially as over the last 10 years they have systematically got rid of all their full time crew, (There are very few left now) whilst paying them a nice severance package.

Don't get me started on the Beeb, they pay the worst, have the most ridiculous burocracy of all TV companies and do have a lot of idiots in charge up the pecking order. I will stick with probably 90% of all TV and Film crew's out there and stay freelance, the last thing the Beeb want is to employ us all.

Comment

Originally posted by pcgtron View Post
                    I'm talking here from a crew perspective, they have no choice but to employ me and other freelance crew as just that, we are freelance and HMRC have told us so. I provide my own equipment, work in a different place most days and am always on contracts of no more than 6 months, which never get extended (well maybe by a week) and then i'm onto my next job, which more than likely is not with the Beeb. i'll tn go back to them at some point when the call comes in for the next job. The BBC just cannot afford to put all their staff on employed terms especially as over the last 10 years they have systematically got rid of all their full time crew, (There are very few left now) whilst paying them a nice severance package.

Don't get me started on the Beeb, they pay the worst, have the most ridiculous burocracy of all TV companies and do have a lot of idiots in charge up the pecking order. I will stick with probably 90% of all TV and Film crew's out there and stay freelance, the last thing the Beeb want is to employ us all.
                    Hope you don't man the autocue!

Comment

Working...
                    X