• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Strike-through font

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strike-through font

Morning Guru's

How do I do a strike-through font on CUK posts?

Tried a few tags suggested by Google but no joy.

TIA

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
    Morning Guru's

How do I do a strike-through font on CUK posts?

Tried a few tags suggested by Google but no joy.

TIA
    Its [ S ] [ /S ] note the capital letter.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Its [ S ] [ /S ] note the capital letter.
      Ta ever so Ta ever so

Comment

Doesn't need to be capitals though

I was reading the relevant bit of the vBulletin source code the other day, and discovered that all the tags are lowercased during the parsing process anyway. This after years of carefully uppercasing them, even going back to correct them when I hadn't. Ho hum

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I was reading the relevant bit of the vBulletin source code the other day,
          **** SPOILER ALERT ****
          and discovered that all the tags are lowercased during the parsing process anyway.
          **** SPOILER ALERT ****
          This after years of carefully uppercasing them, even going back to correct them when I hadn't. Ho hum

FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            FTFY
            If you are going to post spoiler alerts, at least use some clever code thingy to hide the spoilers

P.S. I'm sure I tried lower case before posting this plea for help.

Lower case doesn't work

Edit - oh bugger, it does. I blame Nick - he's changed something (again!)

Comment

Re: Strike-through font

None of it works in Tapatalk BTW.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I was reading the relevant bit of the vBulletin source code the other day, and discovered that all the tags are lowercased during the parsing process anyway. This after years of carefully uppercasing them, even going back to correct them when I hadn't. Ho hum
                I've been using lowercase here on CUK and on other vBulletin sites for several years.

One site caught me out recently and I had to use uppercase. Then again that's a site which appears to be managed by a Javascript fanatic who keeps adding knobs and whistles*. He may have forced uppercase to cope with whatever WYSIWYG editor he keeps trying to insist we use

* it's got so bad that if I view that site for any length of time with JS enabled my browser will crawl to a halt and I'll see script timeouts.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Test Please Delete

oooh it works! Ta!
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Incidentally, if you want to highlight something rather than cross it out, you can use [highlight]blah[/highlight]: like this

Comment

Working...
                    X