• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Multiple agencies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple agencies

Ok, I can see the same gig advertised by 2 different agencies.

Rather than apply via 1 agency alone (incase of non reply), I'm thinking it would be better to apply via BOTH agencies at the same time.

First agent to get back to me (and assuming I reply to their "happy to be represented by $agency" email)... WINS

Morally wrong? Who cares?

Worth doing?
    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

do it all the time - I bet the rate varies by at least £25
    Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

I'd say it's worth it...one might not put you forwards if they already have 'regulars' in mind, whereas the other might have fewer bites so more likely to put yours forward.

As long as the CV gets before the client (from one of course, not both) then you're one step further down the road...

Comment

Oh, and please never again use the phrase 'morally wrong' when discussing relationships with agencies

Comment

...but becareful!!!!! If one of the agencies cocks up or tries do be devious and submits you when your preferred one puts you forward it can cost you the gig before you have even been offered it. It happened to me and we have had other instances on the boards.

Be absolutely certain you word it correctly with both agencies. The one that you do not chose MUST NOT put you forward. If they do your agents will start a tulip storm with the client about who was first and the client is likely to drop you to avoid the hassle.

Since then I have approached both agencies but I have made it absolutely clear what the situation is. Don't be tempted to play them both off against each other to get your CV in front of the client. They can be a devious bunch at the best of times let alone when there is some commission floating in front of them
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by captainham View Post
            Oh, and please never again use the phrase 'morally wrong' when discussing relationships with agencies
            The attitude and practices of agencies is often morally wrong when dealing with clients and contractors.

How's that?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Be upfront, say you've submitted your CV to adverts on the board and they look as if they may be the same position - find out the rate from both and if they willing to put you forward and go with the one you like.
              Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                The attitude and practices of agencies is often morally wrong when selling their own grandmother
                Almost there. Try this one.

Comment

When you are between jobs and you see roles advertised by more than one agency, you should never limit yourself to one agency. There's no certainty the one you contact will put you forward. And when you have no money coming in, that isn't good.

I'd make multiple submissions and see who contacts me about submission to the client with the best terms. A big part of this is granting exclusivity for 48 hours.

Yes, you have to be careful but when you have no income, you have to play the percentages.

Just my opinion though.
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Thanks all.

I applied via the higher paying agency on early Friday. I never heard anything so i'll be applying via the other agency on Monday morning

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                    I'd make multiple submissions and see who contacts me about submission to the client with the best terms. A big part of this is granting exclusivity for 48 hours.
                    I applied for a totally different role too (only advertised by one agency AFAICT). I spoke to the pimp and he gave me the usual "your CV looks good i'll put you forward and get feedback to you after the weekend". I said in writing that i'd be happy for him to represent me providing they get me an interview arranged by Tuesday 9am
                    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Working...
                    X