• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CT600.pdf

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CT600.pdf

Are there any alternatives to filing a CT600 (corp tax) return, without using the CT600.pdf that HMRC provide?

I have a problem with Adobe Reader not wanting to open any PDF documents at random times during the year (it seems to favour doing this when I really need it the most)
    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Sell the computer to your kids and get the company to buy a new computer
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'm not aware of any non-professional software to do this. In fact I didn't think PDF was possible now in any even, even for the CT600.

Bear in mind its not just the CT600 in (possibly) PDF format, but the accounts and computations now need to be iXbrl tagged, to a pre-set lexicography. Although that can be done manually, professional grade software is really to only feasible approach, although I don't know if the HMRC PDF does this or not?

A Public Sector entity where I sit on the board was charged £1,000 by a largish firm of accountants for a one off conversion of the accounts of a simple subsidiary to iXbrl, possibly as they could get away with it. By contrast we've not charged our clients and have relied on software to deal with this although it has slowed the submission proces down and complicated matters.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Sell the computer to your kids and get the company to buy a new computer
        I've just bought it from the kids!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jessica@WhiteFieldTax View Post
          Bear in mind its not just the CT600 in (possibly) PDF format, but the accounts and computations now need to be iXbrl tagged, to a pre-set lexicography. Although that can be done manually, professional grade software is really to only feasible approach, although I don't know if the HMRC PDF does this or not?
          Think I need to read up more on company tax returns

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
            I've just bought it from the kids!!
            Well if it is anything like what the kids did to their laptops I am sure someone in Russia is working on wiping out your need for a tax return
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I came across this:

Success! - Filing CT600 from FreeAgent data

I've only quickly skimmed through it, will read properly later. Might be of use to others.

Comment

Working...
              X