• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Property Renting - Co Bank Statements?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Property Renting - Co Bank Statements?

Hi,

Has anyone had problems trying to rent?

I'm trying to rent a flat and my contract has a finish date in a couple of months so the reference agency is now asking for 6 months bank statements for my business!

I'm renting in my personal name not the business so have refused - I dont see why they should have 6 months of business transactions for an employee!) I'm damn sure they dont ask this of 'regular' employers - I've supplied my recent contract & proof I've been on site couple of years but does seem good enough - my credit rating has passed as I know I'm at the highest, my record is squeaky clean & I've owned my own property for 20yrs - has anyone else had the same thing or are they just a bunch of muppets? what is normal to prove you can afford the rent for contractors?

It sounds like they could have misunderstood what your actual status is in terms of business. We tend to receive tenancy reference requests as accountants for our clients which we provide as part of our service. The tenants reference usually states when an accountant has acted for a client, sometimes level of income (salary and dividends) and whether they are trustworthy.

Should be standard practice IMO. I'd suggest double checking with the agents to make sure they understand your actual working status (assuming it is a director of a limited company) and employee of that company.

Comment

Working...
    X