• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should I consider a Vintage or Shelf Company

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I consider a Vintage or Shelf Company

I am thinking of getting a Vintage or perhaps Shelf company.

Reasons:

1. Easier to get UK bank account (Since it would already exist).
      This is an issue since I live abroad. I think for a new company I would just have to go to the UK(?) and it would probably be cheaper than the extra cost of vintage. Also there are some procedures to transfer bank rights to me with a vintage as well

2. VAT
      This is really difficult from abroad

3. A "real" UK company has some advantages abroad, like bank accounts for foreign subsidiaries.
      (But if the cost of vintage is high, it is not really worth it)

I am assuming that I buy the company from a provider that gives some guarantees against liabilities.

For me long trading history is not important (Unlike for most buyers of vintage). Recent trading is more important - preferably this year. The later would perhaps make a clean transfer more difficult, but I could perhaps not trade this year.

What do you think?
    Last edited by JavaBrussels; 22 November 2012, 09:22.

A vintage or shelf company that has traded this year... OK...

I was getting regular calls (before I blocked the number) from 0845 863 0667 asking if I wanted to sell my company. Perhaps you should give them a ring
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Didn't you ask this once already and the advice was, "Don't do it." ?
      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by JavaBrussels View Post
        I am thinking of getting a Vintage or perhaps Shelf company.

What do you think?
        As has been said, my advice would be to avoid this for reasons I gave in your previous thread.

It appears from your post that you do not intend to visit the UK, so why do you want a UK company?

You seem to have some incorrect understandings of how things work and I would suggest you pick up the phone and contact someone to discuss in detail why and what you are trying to achieve.

To summarise, my advise would be not to take this route but it sounds as though you have made up your mind, in which case you need to be very careful.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
          Didn't you ask this once already and the advice was, "Don't do it." ?
          BZZZZT. Incorrect answer.

If at first you don't receive the answer you want, ask again until you bore somebody into submission and they finally say "whatever, do what you want, it's your business anyway".

OP can consider this as the required answer for you to go and proceed as planned, with whatever scam/scheme you are cooking up!

Comment

...and if I see a 3rd thread asking the same thing I'll take action.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

JavaBrussels, I don't think anyone here can really help much further on a public forum and you obviously don't want to reveal the full details of what you are trying to achieve.

You really need to have a private conversation with one of the friendly, helpful accountants who are recommended by the forum members and discuss what you are trying to achieve.

Not taking professional advice is a big mistake in my experience - it ends up costing a lot of money in the long run.

Good luck!
              Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Nixon Williams View Post
                As has been said, my advice would be to avoid this for reasons I gave in your previous thread.
                You haven't given any reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by JavaBrussels View Post
                  You haven't given any reasons.
                  Yes he has. And given your inability to read, I'm locking this thread as it obviously can serve no further purpose.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                  X