• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ebbw Vale - Accomodation Recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebbw Vale - Accomodation Recommendations

Going to a civil partnership in the Welsh Valleys next month.

Nearest big place is Ebbw Vale.

Can anyone recoomend any boutique style accommodation (preferably gay friendly)?

Originally posted by Bathing With Peter View Post

Can anyone recoomend any boutique style accommodation (preferably gay friendly)?
    What in the name of Fairy Queen Maeve and the Seven Goblins of Galway is "boutique style accomodation"?

Can't you just stay in a B&B in Cardiff and drive there the next morning, like everyone else?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Google Crickhowell or Abergavenny Hotels.

Edit: Just seen who the OP is

Comment

Zeity - some lizard food coming your way

Comment

Originally posted by Bathing With Peter View Post

Let me guess, Gricer and Malc are finally tying the knot?

Comment

Why not try a non gay friendly place then sue and get a large payout?

Comment

OP - You know that Ebbw Vale is the welsh valleys (and right at the top of one of them as well).

They dont even know what the word boutique means. Not much of a big gay community in the valleys either if you know what I mean.

Not saying you'll have problems but I don't think much is advertised as gay-friendly in the valleys......

Not suggesting that us valley commandos are homophobic (OK maybe a lot are) but its not the most forward thinking and cosmopolitan place in the world......

Although you could be a troll and picked ebbw vale for a laugh.
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

The Park Hotel (Waunlwyd I think but Ebbw Vale near enough) would have been friendly but I think the two that ran it have split up and I don't know who's got it now.
                There is a Travelodge or Premier Inn type place near the festival site and that would be your best bet.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  Not suggesting that us valley commandos are homophobic (OK maybe a lot are) but its not the most forward thinking and cosmopolitan place in the world......
                  Most welsh are too busy hating the English (because we killed their king or summat) to be worried about sexual orientation.

If you want a sheep friendly hotel I bet its well catered for.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    OP - You know that Ebbw Vale is the welsh valleys (and right at the top of one of them as well).

They dont even know what the word boutique means. Not much of a big gay community in the valleys either if you know what I mean.

Not saying you'll have problems but I don't think much is advertised as gay-friendly in the valleys......

Although you could be a troll and picked ebbw vale for a laugh.
                    not gay friendly.. but will happily bath together back in the old days of rugby

Comment

Working...
                    X