• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Make Up Your Own Headline Please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make Up Your Own Headline Please

Public servant wins legal battle after being injured during sex

A PUBLIC servant who was injured while having sex during a work trip has won compensation after a five-year legal battle.
    The full bench of the Federal Court has dismissed an appeal from workplace health insurer Comcare, which had argued the woman's motel room tryst had nothing to do with her job.
    However, the court said it did not matter whether she spent her evenings having sex or ''playing a game of cards'', she was still, in effect, at work.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

I think the point relates to the fact she was injured by a light falling on her in the motel room as opposed to falling when swinging from the chandelier. If for example I had been beaten up or shot by some redneck halfwit Texan I too would have expected to have been insured/covered by the company as I was doing absolutely nothing intentionally to provoke them.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I think the point relates to the fact she was injured by a light falling on her in the motel room as opposed to falling when swinging from the chandelier. If for example I had been beaten up or shot by some redneck halfwit Texan I too would have expected to have been insured/covered by the company as I was doing absolutely nothing intentionally to provoke them.
      What's the point of a chandelier if you can't swing from it? If it's not designed for swinging from, there should be clear warning signs.

Comment

Are her expenses claims available on line?
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

So how many members of the public did she serve at a time?

And why aren't we told what her house is worth?
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

It's a question of who should have paid her costs - the employer's insurance or her own. Except for the prurient detail that she was having sex while injured, I can't really see a there's a story here.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

''In the absence of any misconduct, or an intentionally self-inflicted injury, the fact that the applicant was engaged in sexual activity rather than some other lawful recreational activity while in her motel room does not lead to any different result.''
              Hang on, this is important, I'm going to Australia next week; is shagging not a 'lawful recreational activity' over there? I need to know.

Oh, and if Lady Tester and I can cause a light fitting to fall on our heads, can we sue? How much money will we get?
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Hang on, this is important, I'm going to Australia next week; is shagging not a 'lawful recreational activity' over there? I need to know.

Oh, and if Lady Tester and I can cause a light fitting to fall on our heads, can we sue? How much money will we get?
                Be careful over there, it is without doubt the most politically correct country on the planet. it's gone to rack and rooney
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

I once shagged a bird who was so fat, the lightbulb burned my arse. Does that count ??????
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                    I once shagged a bird who was so fat, the lightbulb burned my arse. Does that count ??????

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TestMangler again.

Comment

Working...
                    X