• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

any idea on betterpay?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any idea on betterpay?

I was offered a contractor job. Aware that Limited company or umbrella are the best options for an efficient take home, however betterpay.co.uk has offered guaranteed 85% take home.

Just wanted to check if any of you has used betterpay.co.uk services? If so can any one tell me what route they take to pay 85% take home monthly.

Any help you can provide will be graciously received.

Well, there is no information whatsoever on their website about the product they offer - red flag one
    They are 'compliant' with IR35 and have tax counsel opinion - red flag two
    They actually quote a take home pay of 90% - red flag three
    There is no mention of the cost to you (experience would tell me it will be 5-10% of the contract value) - red flag four
    There is no mention of them on Companies House - red flag five.

If the red flags don't put you off, wander over to Accounting and Legal and check out the thread on section 58
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by contract73 View Post
      I was offered a contractor job. Aware that Limited company or umbrella are the best options for an efficient take home, however betterpay.co.uk has offered guaranteed 85% take home.

Just wanted to check if any of you has used betterpay.co.uk services? If so can any one tell me what route they take to pay 85% take home monthly.

Any help you can provide will be graciously received.

Anything that sounds too good to be true often is.

Make sure that you understand how much of that 15% the company is giving to HMRC and how much they are pocketing for themselves.

And remember to ask them how they will protect you in the event of HMRC coming round to your house demanding their pound of flesh.

Also take a look at the salesman/directors of the company in LinkedIn. Write down the names of previous companies they've worked with. Then google the names (you might even try 'company name site:forums.contractoruk.com').

Come back and tell us what you find.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

This is why I let 1st time posters asking about these type of providers through, they get indelibly inked with our responses.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Just to add to this... If you google their phone number it also appears as a competition entry line on PhoneCompetitions.co.uk Look for the Wembly tour.

What is the name of the poker hand containing three of a kind and a pair?
          If you think the answer is:
          Full House - call 0845 619 6286 or click here,
          Half House - call 0845 619 6287 or click here,
          Flush - call 0845 619 6288 or click here,
          Two Of A Kind - call 0845 619 6289 or click here,
          or Straight - call 0845 619 6280 or click here.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Have a look at this tread to see more crappy websites that have popped out of the IoM

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...e-beans-2.html

Betterpay is..

Domain name:
            betterpay.co.uk

Registrant:
            Eat It Now Group Limited

Registrant type:
            Unknown

Registrant's address:
            1 Mount Pleasant
            Douglas
            Isle Of Man
            IM1 2PU
            United Kingdom

Registrar:
            Mesh Digital Limited t/a Domainmonster.com [Tag = MONSTER]
            URL: Domains - Domain Registration - .SX Domains - Domainmonster.com

Relevant dates:
            Registered on: 28-Apr-2011
            Expiry date: 28-Apr-2013
            Last updated: 20-Jan-2012

And if you look at Contact Us | Order Takeaway Food Online at Eat It Now | Eat It Now Group Ltd (A takeaway food company)

To contact customer services telephone 0845 4596206 between 9:00am and 10:00pm Monday to Thursday and 9:00am to 8:00pm Friday or email [email protected]

Company: Eat It Now Group Ltd

Address: 1 Mount Pleasant
            Douglas
            Isle of Man
            IM1 2PU

Telephone: 0845 4596206

Comment

If you want to go with a finance company that has grown out of a takeaway company then fill yer boots... literally...

Wonder if we can do a location check on the posters IP address?
              Last edited by northernladuk; 18 December 2012, 12:30.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                If you want to go with a finance company that has grown out of a takeaway company then fill yer boots... literally...

Wonder if we can do a location check on the posters IP address?
                Good grief - you couldn't make it up could you
                Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Yup, have yourself a pizza the action but don't expect it to curry any favours with HMRC.

Comment

Working...
                    X