• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

InTouch communication awful

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

InTouch communication awful

Is anyone else here with InTouch and found their communication to be awful?

I signed up with them last month and have emailed 3 people now asking for instructions on how to upload my bank statements and expense data prior to November and noone has even bothered to reply. Then i got an email from them reminding me my VAT is due and to upload my bank statements so they can pay, not sure how they can do this without having my details. What made it worse is there were 150 other contractors CC'ed on the email. I hope they are more secure with my financial information.

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
    Is anyone else here with InTouch
    Yes
    and found their communication to be awful?
    No.

Who is your named contact? I know mine is off sick at the moment, but is still checking her emails and has arranged cover from other people in the office. The last email I sent her, I got a reply from other people in the office in five minutes (I asked at 0859, reply came at 0904).

When I joined, they offered to upload the spreadsheets for me, but since I moved at year-end, there was nothing that I really needed them to do for me.

You could ring them if they aren't responding to your emails.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      YesNo.

Who is your named contact? I know mine is off sick at the moment, but is still checking her emails and has arranged cover from other people in the office. The last email I sent her, I got a reply from other people in the office in five minutes (I asked at 0859, reply came at 0904).

When I joined, they offered to upload the spreadsheets for me, but since I moved at year-end, there was nothing that I really needed them to do for me.

You could ring them if they aren't responding to your emails.
      +1 to this.. Why can't people pick up phones and call people nowadays?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Then i got an email from them reminding me my VAT is due and to upload my bank statements so they can pay, not sure how they can do this without having my details.
        They can't. They can calculate the amount owed and send you a PDF explaining what you need to put in each box. Even if they have an authorisation to act on your behalf for VAT purposes, then all they can do is file the return for you - it's still your responsibility to pay it or arrange for a direct debit to pay the amount owing.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

No, the opposite actually, as the communication is normally excellent. However, they are struggling with staffing at the moment (it's a small company, so when one person is on leave....). Probably the best thing to do is give them a call. Speaking from personal experience, but also from the feedback you find routinely on this forum, the situation you're describing is not reflective of their normal good service.

Comment

It's a busy time of year AND a key person is off sick. I share a little of the frustrations BUT I understand mitigating circumstances happen.

What kind of jerk would rather dis a company publicly, potentially harming them, than make a single phone call? Oh that's right, a pathetic keyboard warrior troll.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Yes, likewise, I received a response instantly.

I think they have accounts assistants that deal with the VAT. Normally, they handle that fine, but it is a very busy time of year and e-mails can get lost....

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                +1 to this.. Why can't people pick up phones and call people nowadays?
                Because i have a severe speach impedement and am not very clear on the phone

Comment

Because i have a severe speach impedement and am not very clear on the phone
                  What issues are you having with the portal? Personally, I find the easiest way to upload bank data is to use a CSV format. If your bank doesn't let you download the transactions in CSV, you can easily create this yourself (in Excel, for example). Did you get the pdf instructions on uploading bank info. when you joined?

Comment

So in summary you knew when their deadline was to enter your data (the 15th) but you sat there like a lemon when nobody answered your emails?

The mass email you refer to was a cockup for sure, I am guessing someone was working from home on a Saturday and screwed up perhaps. Was it you who did the reply-all?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X