• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can anyone recommend a Liquidator?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone recommend a Liquidator?

Hi all

I'm looking to liquidate my Ltd next year, depending on a number of factors. My accountant is great but hasn't yet had to deal with a liquidator, so unfortunately can't recommend one.

I'm hoping you guys might know of a trusted liquidator. If so, would you be so kind as to point me in their direction?

If you just to close you company you don't need a liquidator. Do you owe money to anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      If you just to close you company you don't need a liquidator. Do you owe money to anyone?
      I assume he wants to get the money out relatively cheaply post ESC C16.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        I assume he wants to get the money out relatively cheaply post ESC C16.
        Yes, that's correct.

Comment

if it contains over £25,000 then mvlonline who have appeared on here before are your cheapest option.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
            Yes, that's correct.
            In which case take a look at MVL Online (caveat - I am involved in the business).

You/your accountant would need to clear the balance sheet right down to just cash (ie settle liabilities, sell computer equipment fixed assets to yourself if appropriate etc etc). If you can manage that, the fee is £995+VAT+disbursements...typically works out at £1,800-1,900 all in.

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
              In which case take a look at MVL Online (caveat - I am involved in the business).

You/your accountant would need to clear the balance sheet right down to just cash (ie settle liabilities, sell computer equipment fixed assets to yourself if appropriate etc etc). If you can manage that, the fee is £995+VAT+disbursements...typically works out at £1,800-1,900 all in.
              Thanks, sounds reasonable with expected fees under £2k.

I have just one tricky (but necessary) question, which I have emailed through just now

Comment

Working...
              X