• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Confirming rate with client

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirming rate with client

What are you views on calling the client to make sure that there is "transparency" on the rate you are being offered, particularly, especially if you are going for a more senior role, e.g. project manager, on the basis that the client is likely to be amendable to such discussions for more senior roles) ...

Thoughts appreciated ...

Originally posted by bobsmithldn
    What are you views on calling the client to make sure that there is "transparency" on the rate you are being offered, particularly, especially if you are going for a more senior role, e.g. project manager, on the basis that the client is likely to be amendable to such discussions for more senior roles) ...

Thoughts appreciated ...
    If you feel confident enough that you don't need the agency, then go ahead!

I gave up on the blood-suckin pimps very early on in my career and never looked back.

You have to be good though, and be social, and able to build networks of friends and partners. You need to be generous with your entertainment also.

If none of these are a problem, ditch the useless pimps!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman

You have to be good though, and be social, and able to build networks of friends and partners. You need to be generous with your entertainment also.

!
      Are we talking about the same Bogeyman?

Comment

The client will think you are a dickhead if you ring them up to ask "what rate is my agency charging me out at?"
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
          Are we talking about the same Bogeyman?
          If I met you face to face I'd probably throttle you, you irritating little ****. But never mind.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

People who brag a lot always have lot of friends and big c0cks said Pinnochio
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
              People who brag a lot always have lot of friends and big c0cks said Pinnochio
              How are the mice on the marvellous machanical mouse organ?

They were always my favourites.

Comment

I've got a 600k BTL mortgage on the mouse organ. Those mice are paying for my retirement home. Have I told you lately how fantastically wealthy I am?

Comment

'You have to be good though, and be social, and able to build networks of friends and partners. You need to be generous with your entertainment also.
                  ',

you mean you have to be false ?

I'll stick with the agency model thanks

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                    I've got a 600k BTL mortgage on the mouse organ. Those mice are paying for my retirement home. Have I told you lately how fantastically wealthy I am?
                    No, but I always reckoned you for a fat cat (albeit a pink stripey one).

What are the mice getting out of this deal?

I'm thinking of setting up a claims business (no win, no fee) for maltreated rodents.

Comment

Working...
                    X