• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Capital gains allowance to reduce CT?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capital gains allowance to reduce CT?

I'm a contractor, but also own a business worth approx 10k which has not started trading yet. I would like to sell the business to my company. I'm assuming this will reduce my corporation tax and will also be tax free as under the annual cgt allowance. Note: assets including website are worth 10k. I don't know whether good will comes onto it.

I have an another business I would like to set up to support contracting and win more work. Bearing in mind I can do web design and could spend a year on the website, could I then sell this business to my company next year for another tax free 10k?

I will be doing all of this whether tax free or not, but its good to plan, so any feedback would be appreciated, thanks.

Working...
X