• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

German Tax Raid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Tax Raid

We were raided 7 weeks ago now by the German tax man. They carted everything away & are still to release anything back (computers, phone work stuff, qualifications passwords to bank accounts & credit cards).

Have paid PAYE taxes in the Netherlands but German tax authorities now want taxes for the last 46 months (or more) of which only 18 were spent on the German side of the border. I have since lost my job as a direct consequence of their actions - but cannot claim in Germany but must go home to claim welfare (note the irony)

Every Dutch,Polish;German person that I know that also PAYE in the Netherlands & live in Germany don't pay the Germans a dime. The Lawyer says that there is a caveat in the law that leaves it to their discretion. The account says he too has never heard of such an situation.

The search warrant was issued apparently without the citation of some criminal evidence as should be the case under normal circumstances , but something I cannot do anything against as the German law protects federal employees (so says lawyer).

I believe this to be prejudicial, arrogant behaviour & wondered if someone could help me with any advise/pointers/contacts. Have written to German papers etc but have had no joy.

Those people who deal with the German tax autorities in a straightforward manners do not tend to have problems with them. Did you work for a German company? Were you in some kind of a scheme?*

Are you a UK national?

Oh, after reading your previous post, yes you were...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

But if you want German tax advise I would contact this chap if I were you.

And don't listen to those Dutch,Polish;German persons...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

I always fancied working in Germany but these guys make HMRC sound like pussycats!

Comment

same as it was 80 years ago

You're right Kayne .. these people aint normal by any stretch of the imagination... today I went to get back my stuff & they refused to give back even the credit cards & syringes. This is not about taxes nor fairness .... you'd think a country with the darkest & worst past of all of humanity would have learnt a thing or two...funny how some people say you should be straight with the German tax man & try and justify this vile behaviour whilst they enjoy life in a free & fair city.. I wonder what vested interest you have cojak "chappy".. do u declare taxes everytime you drive past Belgium?
          Last edited by happyradio; 16 January 2013, 19:24.

Comment

sue tax man

Can someone tell me how to sue a government official in Germany?- they still have not returned most items and have refused to even provide photocopies of things urgently required for tax self assessment & papers I have for a civil legal matter in the UK. My current lawyers says that they are obliged to do so & he has requested it from them BUT clearly the filth have a different agenda...can someone help recommend a good lawyer to sue them?

Comment

I have no vested interest happyradio - the person I tried to point you to was Ulrich Fuierer http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ml#post1639337

It doesn't look like I posted the link, so I must have been on Tapatalk.

Try Thomas Zitzelsperger and Liselotte of expat tax - recommended by people on ToyTown forum which deals with expats living in Germany.

I have no vested interest in this - I'm a moderator on CUK.

Comment

Where do you actually live ?

Originally posted by happyradio View Post
                We were raided 7 weeks ago now by the German tax man. They carted everything away & are still to release anything back (computers, phone work stuff, qualifications passwords to bank accounts & credit cards).

Have paid PAYE taxes in the Netherlands but German tax authorities now want taxes for the last 46 months (or more) of which only 18 were spent on the German side of the border. I have since lost my job as a direct consequence of their actions - but cannot claim in Germany but must go home to claim welfare (note the irony)

Every Dutch,Polish;German person that I know that also PAYE in the Netherlands & live in Germany don't pay the Germans a dime. The Lawyer says that there is a caveat in the law that leaves it to their discretion. The account says he too has never heard of such an situation.

The search warrant was issued apparently without the citation of some criminal evidence as should be the case under normal circumstances , but something I cannot do anything against as the German law protects federal employees (so says lawyer).

I believe this to be prejudicial, arrogant behaviour & wondered if someone could help me with any advise/pointers/contacts. Have written to German papers etc but have had no joy.
                The Germans seem to have proof that you have been living in Germany for the last 46 months. Why are your computers, phone work stuff, qualifications passwords to bank accounts & credit cards in Germany and not in your home country in the Netherlands where you live and pay tax ? The Germans according to previous discussions on this forum do not count days actually spent in the country ,they count from the day you arrive(anmeldung) to the day you leave (abmeldung) so you have not left the country as you were still there 46 months later when they marched into your accommodation in Germany. There is no irony that you cannot claim unemployment in Germany if you have not paid into the German system
                Last edited by Brussels Slumdog; 29 January 2013, 14:07.

Comment

Originally posted by happyradio View Post
                  You're right Kayne .. these people aint normal by any stretch of the imagination... today I went to get back my stuff & they refused to give back even the credit cards & syringes. This is not about taxes nor fairness .... you'd think a country with the darkest & worst past of all of humanity would have learnt a thing or two...funny how some people say you should be straight with the German tax man & try and justify this vile behaviour whilst they enjoy life in a free & fair city.. I wonder what vested interest you have cojak "chappy".. do u declare taxes everytime you drive past Belgium?
                  Ridiculous statement

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
                    Ridiculous statement
                    Godwin's Law (albeit by inference rather than direct statement).

Not disputing that it is a ridiculous statement though.

Comment

Working...
                    X