• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQNavigator ? & Is this acceptable ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IQNavigator ? & Is this acceptable ?

Hello,

Re. title

After months (again) of trying to get my next contract I'm in discussion directly with a big Company who have said that they would want me to go through a 3rd party (agency), whilst I'm not too happy with that scenario it was also mentioned that Client use a system called IQNavigator which I've never come across but I believe is used by many other Co's such as BP, Sony etc

My main concern(s); is this a control / snooping / system? Is it more appropriate for 'agency temp staff ' ?

I think it'll be difficult resisting this requirement, I've already said no to the agent for self-billing etc.

I'd be grateful to folks who have any direct experience with this system. Thank you.
    Last edited by stillooking; 11 January 2013, 10:09.

If you're worried about IR35, if it's company security policy (like H&S policy), then it's OK.

(As is self-billing, but there you are...)

Edit: Ah, it's a recruitment tool.

Well if HR are muscling in on contracting recruitment in the client, it may be a case of 'use it or lose it'.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I've found something in the blurb here...

IQ Navigator: HR Human Resources (old I know, but can't be arsed to research any further...)

IQNavigator's dual and separate emphasis on contract workers and full time staff distinguishes it from those that lump all workers together.
      So who knows? Hopefully someone will have used this and will let us know.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by stillooking View Post
        Hello,

Re. title

After months (again) of trying to get my next contract I'm in discussion directly with a big Company who have said that they would want me to go through a 3rd party (agency), whilst I'm not too happy with that scenario it was also mentioned that Client use a system called IQNavigator which I've never come across but I believe is used by many other Co's such as BP, Sony etc

My main concern(s); is this a control / snooping / system? Is it more appropriate for 'agency temp staff ' ?

I think it'll be difficult resisting this requirement, I've already said no to the agent for self-billing etc.

I'd be grateful to folks who have any direct experience with this system. Thank you.
        I just dont get it why some people think self billing is an IR35 caught pointer or something to keep at arms length for any other reason.

As for the IQN thing, never heard of it. If it's used for some form of assessement the option is to do it or refuse.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          If you're worried about IR35, if it's company security policy (like H&S policy), then it's OK.

(As is self-billing, but there you are...)

Edit: Ah, it's a recruitment tool.

Well if HR are muscling in on contracting recruitment in the client, it may be a case of 'use it or lose it'.
          Thanks for the reply, I've been told that they all use it within the Co (BHP) also I'm worried about IR35 & HR do seem to have the 'control', I guess I'll have to 'use it', thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            I've found something in the blurb here...

IQ Navigator: HR Human Resources (old I know, but can't be arsed to research any further...)

So who knows? Hopefully someone will have used this and will let us know.
            Thanks again Cojak

Comment

IQ-N will most likely be used by you for time writing. It's only used by my client for contractors.

Not an IR35 issue IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                I just dont get it why some people think self billing is an IR35 caught pointer or something to keep at arms length for any other reason.

As for the IQN thing, never heard of it. If it's used for some form of assessement the option is to do it or refuse.
                There does seem to be some opinion around that maybe self-billing doesn't help etc...right or wrong I just don't like it really.

Yes, if they start using it (IQN) for other things other than time sheets I'll have to consider things.

I'm getting really fed-up these days with all this of this stuff , ah well.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  IQ-N will most likely be used by you for time writing. It's only used by my client for contractors.

Not an IR35 issue IMHO.
                  Thank you for your reply Pondlife

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post

Thank you also for your reply BB

Comment

Working...
                    X