• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dividend voucher example?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dividend voucher example?

Hello!

I am a director and a 50% shareholder of my limited company and I pay myself dividends.

I need to provide dividend vouchers (as a proof of my earnings for extending my UK visa).

Does anybody have an example of dividend voucher? What needs to be written there?

(As I understand, I should print them on my company headed paper).

Thanks in advance...

Originally posted by anddrew View Post
    Hello!

I am a director and a 50% shareholder of my limited company and I pay myself dividends.

I need to provide dividend vouchers (as a proof of my earnings for extending my UK visa).

Does anybody have an example of dividend voucher? What needs to be written there?

(As I understand, I should print them on my company headed paper).

Thanks in advance...
    If it helps, there is one on our website

Dividend Administration | Whitefield Tax Limited

Comment

Have you even tried googling this???

Do you not have an accountant that can provide you with one? You are aware of how much trouble you could be in paying yourself dividends and never filling one of these in aren't you?

Surely you gotta do better than this when you are risk of losing your visa, your home and everything else? Shocking.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Have you even tried googling this???

Do you not have an accountant that can provide you with one? You are aware of how much trouble you could be in paying yourself dividends and never filling one of these in aren't you?

Surely you gotta do better than this when you are risk of losing your visa, your home and everything else? Shocking.
        My accountant explained me that this is me, as the company directory, who needs to issue the vouchers and on the company's headed paper.

Account gave me a template, but it looks strange, that's why I am asking.

Do I need to submit these vouchers to HMRC and when? Thanks...

Comment

My accountant explained me that this is me, as the company directory, who needs to issue the vouchers and on the company's headed paper.

Ask your accountant. You pay him for this type of advice and bearing in mind without them every dividend you have taken is currently illegal and liable to be taxed as PAYE you want to do it quickly and make sure you completely understand it. YOU will be held responsible when it all goes wrong, not your accountant.

Comment

Jessica's template shows what it should look like.

It doesn't need to be on "headed paper" but you do need your company name and number perhaps plus the registered address. Tell your accountant that you have no headed paper and ask them to produce the vouchers for you, it's not difficult and will only take them a few minutes. The Gross, Tax Credit and Net dividend is all a bit goofy so if you do it yourself then make sure you get your accountant to check the figures and make sure they are correct and that the voucher has the right information.

You don't have to submit the vouchers to HMRC but you do need to print a copy for your own records in case HMRC ever ask to see them. You must also give the other shareholder(s) a copy for their records (though I wouldn't bother if the other shareholder is your spouse).

You also need meeting minutes as per Jessica's template.
            Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

As NLUK said, my accountant privided one when I started in 2007.

Ask yours.
              Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
                As NLUK said, my accountant privided one when I started in 2007.

Ask yours.
                Hope he spell checked his material though

Comment

Working...
                X