• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bringing in another contractor under your LTD

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bringing in another contractor under your LTD

**WARNING - Contains random brain dump**

OK for NLUK's benefit - my searches were feable but I couldn't think of a great search term...

There's an oppertunity for a 3 to 6 month piece of work where I know someone that is perfect the role. he's in perm just now but is looking to leave so this could be a stop-gap whilst he looks for another perm role (if he decides to do so after contracting).

So the options are [LIST]he goes LTD - but a lot of hassle for 6 months[LIST]he goes brolly - take home isn't as good
    • he uses my LTD and I sub him in

So what's the downsides of option 3?

Example - my LTD charge client co via agent £550 per day, I then pay CT , VAT etc and then expense say a net payment of £400 per day to other person, they have a self assessment to fill out.

Actually sounds like they'd be better off going brolly - anyone actually thought this through?
    Anti-bedwetting advice

I don't see the benefit to be honest, it's just hassle for you (unless you pimp him out for less than you give him). In order for him to be paid by your company he'd have to be:

A shareholder so he could get dividends, but that would mean giving him ownership of part of your company
    An employee, so he's no better than going through a brolly and he has employment rights from your company (holiday, sickness etc)
    A subbie, so he has to complete a tax return to declare the income and he's only marginally better than being brolly
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Thanks - at first I thought it was a good idea then not so....
      Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by Notascooby View Post

OK for NLUK's benefit - my searches were feable but I couldn't think of a great search term...
        Not sure admitting you couldn't be bothered to research your question properly is for my benefit...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...our-ltd-2.html
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Not sure admitting you couldn't be bothered to research your question properly is for my benefit...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...our-ltd-2.html
          You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to northernladuk again.

Thanks though...
          Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
            A subbie, so he has to complete a tax return to declare the income and he's only marginally better than being brolly
            And additionally employment status risks parked on OP!

Not worth it unless there is a good margin for the risk.

Comment

Working...
            X