• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Admin During Working Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company Admin During Working Day

Just out of interest, do fellow posters undertake Ltd company admin tasks (invoicing, expenses etc) during the working day, ie in client hours as part of the 'service' being provided, or undertake out of hours / weekends ?

CoSec does all that. It's what she's paid for, after all :-)

I personally wouldn't do anything on client site - it upsets the locals.

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
      CoSec does all that. It's what she's paid for, after all :-)

I personally wouldn't do anything on client site - it upsets the locals.
      Common sense. The Client is paying you to carry out their business not yours.

Comment

but posting on CUK is acceptable
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          but posting on CUK is acceptable mandatory
          FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Taita View Post
            Common sense. The Client is paying you to carry out their business not yours.
            Ha ! (NLUK)
            But one point of view is the admin tasks forms part of the business you are carrying out for the client (as well as posting on CUK...) so shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
              Ha ! (NLUK)
              But one point of view is the admin tasks forms part of the business you are carrying out for the client (as well as posting on CUK...) so shouldn't be an issue.
              You could do it on the client site but you are billing for the service provided in your contract, so you couldn't count it billable time.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                Ha ! (NLUK)
                Put it this way I would be pissed off if my account was billing me for time spent running his business affairs!!

It's a bit of a no brainer this one really. If you are billing the client for the time you should be working on his stuff. You do your company stuff in your time. That is theory of it.

If your environment is flexible to allow you to do it, surf web, post on CUK then fine. That is just flexibility and convenience. If you get caught or questioned don't expect the client to be too pleased.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

WHS.

also, as pointed out surfing the net, etc etc is also not what the client is paying you for but I bet there's no-one in the world who doesnt spend at least a little time.

Personally, I always knock together my timesheets and invoices during office hours. But make sure no-one is looking over my shoulder and seeing my invoice!

But then again, client does ok out of me for extra hours in any case...
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X