• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Developing in C++

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Developing in C++

<deleted>
    Last edited by Bwana; 2 June 2022, 18:46.
    Bwana

Ask SupremeSpod. He's an expert in Cuh Add Add, Juh Add Add and Muh Suh fullstop Net. He said something about a bap too, but I think he just wanted some lunch.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Ask SupremeSpod. He's an expert in Cuh Add Add, Juh Add Add and Muh Suh fullstop Net. He said something about a bap too, but I think he just wanted some lunch.
      Bacon & Brie - On a large Granary Bap. I like Big Baps!

Comment

I've heard C++ is next to impossible to get into from scratch now, as so many people have used it for donkey's years.

Also, computing graduates use it in their courses, and huge batches of them enter the job market each year.

I believe Java is much the same.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          I've heard C++ is next to impossible to get into from scratch now, as so many people have used it for donkey's years.

Also, computing graduates use it in their courses, and huge batches of them enter the job market each year.

I believe Java is crap much the same.
          FTFY.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
            FTFY.
            No, Java is an island in Indonesia. SAP is crap. Crap on a bap.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Bwana View Post
              Has anyone here used C++ commercially?

What are the career possibilities nowadays?

Is it all engineering, embedded, video-games etc or is there any business app development?

Is there much requirement for C++ developers nowadays, or should I just keep it as something I dabble with in my spare time?
              Is that a trick question?

I developed C++ for 20 years. Some of the code is probably still floating around in the major investment banks.
              'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
              Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                Is that a sockie question?

I developed C++ for 20 years. Some of the code is probably still floating around in the major investment banks.
                FTFY.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                  FTFY.
                  SantaClaus doesn't have a sockie. Unusual for this forum, I know
                  'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                  Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

<deleted>
                    Last edited by Bwana; 2 June 2022, 18:46.
                    Bwana

Comment

Working...
                    X