• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Role changes and rate forgetfulness

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Role changes and rate forgetfulness

2 interviews in 2 days - both roles turning out to be completely different to the one I went for. And just to cap my fun off, an agent ringing me about a role we had previously discussed but swearing blind I had agreed to accept £125 / day less than I had. Not having much fun here!

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    2 interviews in 2 days - both roles turning out to be completely different to the one I went for. And just to cap my fun off, an agent ringing me about a role we had previously discussed but swearing blind I had agreed to accept £125 / day less than I had. Not having much fun here!
    Didn't you have the rate you agreed on in writing on email? Then they can't move the goal posts.

Re roles turning out to be completely different, there's a lot of this happening. The agent or clients need to provide a decent spec. Friend of mine was invited to an interview for a role which really matched him and it turned out the end client booked an interview for a totally different project, not one he could do either. He was very cheesed off having driven a couple of hundred miles to attend.

Comment

Originally posted by sunflower View Post
      Didn't you have the rate you agreed on in writing on email? Then they can't move the goal posts.
      They probably can and I am sure they do..
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sunflower View Post
        Re roles turning out to be completely different, there's a lot of this happening. The agent or clients need to provide a decent spec. Friend of mine was invited to an interview for a role which really matched him and it turned out the end client booked an interview for a totally different project, not one he could do either. He was very cheesed off having driven a couple of hundred miles to attend.
        Monday's round trip was 206 miles. Yesterday's was 366. In both instances the role needed sign off from the programme and the Business' PM / BA practice. In both instances the 2 wanted different things from the role. The first lot stopped fractionally short of arguing in front of me, and the second lot had decided amongst themselves (and without telling the agent) that I might be suitable for a different role to the one I had originally applied for, having already given that role to a different supplier!

Comment

Working...
        X