• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Missing Person - Patrick Duffy

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

This gentleman has been a long term contractor with one of our brands. He is looked after one of my team who have told me that he is a great bloke whose family are very worried about him.

Reaching out to the contractor community for any help in locating him.

Patrick Duffy - missing person from Brentford - Metropolitan Police Service
    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

I will resist the obvious quips and wish you all the best in finding your friend.

I shall certainly keep my ear to the ground.,

Comment

Amazing how someone like that can just disappear.

Could it be mistaken identity, and a gang grabbed him off the street thinking he was someone else? Or as he vanished on a saturday night, had he been in an argument in a club?

Unfortunately after a week or two there's not much chance he'll ever be seen again, although I hope that's wrong

OTOH if he was in some inner turmoil for whatever reason, he could have just done an Agatha Christie and gone AWOL to stay in a B&B for a week or two and sort himself out.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
        Hi,

This gentleman has been a long term contractor with one of our brands. He is looked after one of my team who have told me that he is a great bloke whose family are very worried about him.

Reaching out to the contractor community for any help in locating him.

Patrick Duffy - missing person from Brentford - Metropolitan Police Service
        Have you thought of posting this on LinkedIn and asking people to "like" it to raise awareness in your network? Also facebook if you haven't done already.

Good luck and lets hope you find him safe and sound.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

That's a long time to be missing, hope he turn up safe and sound.

Comment

Hi, his family have set up this Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/BringHomePatrickDuffy?filter=2
            https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
              Hi, his family have set up this Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/BringHomePatrickDuffy?filter=2
              According to one post on that page, he was seen on CCTV approaching one side of a bridge, but not by a CCTV on the other side. So one needn't be Sherlock Holmes to figure out that the bridge and its environs may be the key to his disappearance.

Given that he had just left a nearby pub at midnight, it's pretty obvious he would soon have needed a wee, and a Google street view of the approach to the bridge on the side of the Six Bells he had left shows an area of dense undergrowth and a huge tree right by the river, to the right as one looks towards the bridge.

So could he have jumped into the undergrowth, mistaking how deep it was and the slope beneath it, and slipped right into the river either immediately or while trying to find a way back onto the street? If so, and the river was in tidal flow, perhaps his body may be trapped underwater in the tree roots.

The river bank on the other side looks built up, with barges moored along it, and riverside dwellings. So that might have deterred him from nipping down that side foe a wee.

Comment

Sadly Patrick Duffy's body was found in a canal last week.

Comment

Oh, so sorry to hear that.

It looks like your guess was right. OH
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Sadly Patrick Duffy's body was found in a canal last week.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X