• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blizzard!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blizzard!!!

There is a fooking blizzard on as i type this. ( Kent area )

Cars all over the place. Roads not gritted. Mayhem!
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Clear and bright here - didn't even have to de-ice the car.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      There is a fooking blizzard on as i type this. ( Kent area )

Cars all over the place. Roads not gritted. Mayhem!
      West Sussex:

Blizzard, about a foot or two of snow in drifts, roads not gritted.

Took me three hours to get from work to my digs last night. That's 6 miles.

Not many people in the office this morning.

Comment

Britain 'will gain from global warming' - Telegraph

The report, by 30 international scientists for the European Commission, blah blah.

Mike Hulme, a climate researcher at the University of East Anglia, blah blah.

Hot hot hot, sunny dry and warm Britain.

Comment

Damn, I thought this thread was about some new game the makers of WoW have made..
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Clear and bright here - didn't even have to de-ice the car.
            Same here, although I sprayed antifreeze on the car windows before I went to bed, just to make sure I wouldn't get a coating of ice and could fulfill this week's polluting the planet quotum; north east NL, drove to central NL, no problems. According to the radio there are people stranded in their cars in northern France and ze authorities cannot 'andle zis, so they're asking people who live near motorways to rescue stranded motorists.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

A blizzard in the SE just means a light flurry of snow. Too much for all those 4x4s to cope with...
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                A blizzard in the SE just means a light flurry of snow. Too much for all those 4x4s to cope with...
                It tends not to be the 4x4's but the clueless saloon/ small car drivers who do not know how to drive in snow, skid and block the roads leading to tailbacks
                Oh and the foreign fooking truck drivers jack knifing across the M20
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  It tends not to be the 4x4's but the clueless saloon/ small car drivers who do not know how to drive in snow, skid and block the roads leading to tailbacks
                  Oh and the foreign fooking truck drivers jack knifing across the M20
                  It's not the snow, it's the ice under it. Summer tyres have almost zero grip on ice, hence why our continental cousins mandate winter tyres for such conditions.

Comment

Wow! Really?

I was taking in the rays yesterday and at the weekend sipping wine in the bright sun in the Los Gatos mountains. Ouch. Got a little sunburn there. :-)
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X