• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Worst Plan B Ideas...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst Plan B Ideas...

Just been mulling over some of mine, I think my worst one was my 'on-motorway car refuelling' plan. Save the driver the effort and delay in fuelling up, with a tanker ready to draw up alongside and refuel in motion. Struggled with the payment option at the time, basically had the driver hanging out of the cab with a swipe machine (this was early 90's when I concocted this cunning plan), thought that might be a bit dangerous. Might lose the carbon copy....

Even thought of a helicopter with a tank on it but the flyovers defeated me.

Youth Hostelling with Chris Eubank?

That's absolute genius in its madness. Sounds like something Wile E Coyote might come up with.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Just been mulling over some of mine, I think my worst one was my 'on-motorway car refuelling' plan.
      Might not be practical for petrol but could be just the thing for electric batteries.

Sometimes inventions are ahead of their time, and need another development to become realistic, such as tarmac for bicycles.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Might not be practical for petrol but could be just the thing for electric batteries.

Sometimes inventions are ahead of their time, and need another development to become realistic, such as tarmac for bicycles.
        Some sort of wireless charging would probably make that idea a bit more feasible.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

recharging for electric batteries.

wouldnt a tunnel made of copper coils every few miles be better?
          (with an on-board magnet of course)

Comment

OPening a shop.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              OPening a shop.
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Opening a sled shop.
                FTFY
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

OPening a shop to keep the missus occupied .
                  FTFY
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by evilagent View Post
                    recharging for electric batteries.

wouldnt a tunnel made of copper coils every few miles be better?
                    (with an on-board magnet of course)
                    It'd be better to provide a live rail on the motorway. Then there's no need to recharge the batteries; you just run off the mains whilst on the motorway.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X