• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Insurance Renewal Time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance Renewal Time

Well its that time of year again. I'm with Simply Business and they have quoted me £246.30. That's for Public Indemnity and Professional Liability (a mill each). What do people think, its £25 more than last yr. Is it worth shopping round, what are people paying?

Also I don't have Employers Liability (not mandated by my contract where as PI and Pl are) at the mo, is it worth getting as well?

QDOS do both for around the same money plus some free contract reviews. Deffo ring around.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      QDOS do both for around the same money plus some free contract reviews. Deffo ring around.
      Will do, thanks, a free contract review or 2 would be very handy.

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
        Will do, thanks, a free contract review or 2 would be very handy.
        It's 3 free ones I believe, not sure they are as intensive as the paid option though. Have to ask them that.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It's 3 free ones I believe, not sure they are as intensive as the paid option though. Have to ask them that.
          Will do. Any thoughts on whether its a good idea to get Employers Liability as well, like I say its not mandated on my contract right now but may be in the future. Works out to an extra 45 quid a yr so I'm thinking just get all three (EL, PI & PL) as a package?

Comment

Is it worth shopping round, what are people paying?
            No idea off the top of my head what I pay, but it's always worth shopping around.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Well its that time of year again. I'm with Simply Business and they have quoted me £246.30. That's for Public Indemnity and Professional Liability (a mill each). What do people think, its £25 more than last yr. Is it worth shopping round, what are people paying?

Also I don't have Employers Liability (not mandated by my contract where as PI and Pl are) at the mo, is it worth getting as well?
              They always try to quote you more, hoping that you will just let it roll. You have to call them unfortunately if you want your discount ...
              If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
                They always try to quote you more, hoping that you will just let it roll. You have to call them unfortunately if you want your discount ...
                Yes, they have helpfully informed me that I will have to do nothing as they will renew and take the payment automatically. They say they are doing this for my benefit as it means less hassle and effort on my part (how very nice of them!), and I can see nowhere on the email which tells me how to contact them if I don't want to take advantage of their auto renewal and cancel. I think I may just move to a different insurer just for the reason that SB think they can automatically help themselves to my money for another yr in the hope that I will either forget or can't be bothered to shop around...

Comment

There is a big difference between the free ones and the paid one. I have done both.

The free one comes back as a one word email: "PASS" or "FAIL".

The paid one is a ~10 page PDF report going through all of the points in your contract with PASS, FAIL, or MAYBE for each relevant clauses with explanation too.
                  Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
                    There is a big difference between the free ones and the paid one. I have done both.

The free one comes back as a one word email: "PASS" or "FAIL".

The paid one is a ~10 page PDF report going through all of the points in your contract with PASS, FAIL, or MAYBE for each relevant clauses with explanation too.
                    It's a little bit more than that. With the free assessment, if it fails we will provide a list of necessary amendments. And we will review any subsequent changes at no additional cost.
                    Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Working...
                    X