• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Contract Query

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Contract Query

Dear All

A newbie here I was wondering entering my first contract now this is a fixed term contract for a year
    I have not been informed of whether to set up as a Ltd Contractor or simply work on the companies payroll system

My query is would I require to set up as a contractor if I have a one year fixed contract on a years salary already stated rather than a XXX Per Day Rate as par typical

Please advise

New Contract Query

Traditionally FTC are based on a permanent salary and paid via the clients payroll.
    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

FTCs are not typically contracts. They sound like contracts but not contracts - So basically you are not contracting and dont need a LTD comp..

Cheers

Comment

FTC

Check your "Contract" - you may be surprised to find paid Bank hols, maybe 2 weeks hols...on a limb, sick pay even...
        But FTC as others have said is not really contracting........

Comment

Working...
        X