• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm drinking...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm drinking...

2008 Pieve di Spaltenna Chianti Classico. Perfect for the benched ex-permie budget at 8 euros, and I really can't fault the quality. It certainly washed the duck and the mushrooms away very well. Might be worth laying down a couple of bottles for a few years down the line. I remember when most Chiantis were awful; things have improved.

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

How did you do the duck and mushrooms?

Average price £32 ex vat
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Scored and salted the fat side, fried the meaty side, then grilled the fat side to get nice crackling.

Mushrooms; fried briefly in butter, then added a mix of good olive oil, fresh flat parsley and freshly chopped garlic and fried for another minute, turning it every few seconds.

Served with some Swiss chard and beetroot to cut the fattiness of the duck.

OK, so I´m not Heston bloody Blumenthal, but I liked it. So did Lady Tester.

Comment

Average price £32 ex vat
        What? You poor buggers, I paid e8.49 for it at the local booze shop.

Comment

Average price £32 ex vat
          Good point, if it's 8 euros a bottle, I'd buy several cases and sod the duck!
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Oh, and I've got some nicely rendered duck fat in the oven dish now, which will be used for roast potatoes and gravy tomorrow. Good with meat loaf.
            Last edited by Mich the Tester; 5 April 2013, 18:52.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
              Good point, if it's 8 euros a bottle, I'd buy several cases and sod the duck!
              Just pouring another glass. **** me, this stuff is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Scored and salted the fat side, fried the meaty side, then grilled the fat side to get nice crackling.

Mushrooms; fried briefly in butter, then added a mix of good olive oil, fresh flat parsley and freshly chopped garlic and fried for another minute, turning it every few seconds.

Served with some Swiss chard and beetroot to cut the fattiness of the duck.

OK, so I´m not Heston bloody Blumenthal, but I liked it. So did Lady Tester.
                Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                What? You poor buggers, I paid e8.49 for it at the local booze shop.
                Ooh, that'll be tried out tomorrow with new GF

Plan B exporting cheap (your end), booze?
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Ooh, that'll be tried out tomorrow with new GF

Plan B exporting cheap (your end), booze?
                  Yeah, and happily my contractormobile has a large boot. I'll be coming over to the UK to pick up some of the 1970s St Emilions my father has in his cellar and forgot to drink; maybe I should bring some cheap continental booze over and sell it while I'm there.

Comment

Working...
                  X