• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So who's going to pay their respects then?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So who's going to pay their respects then?

Was thinking I may pop up to London for the ceremonial funeral, take my daughter to pay our respects to the greatest post war leader since Churchill and also to point out any baying lefties and face studded, tatooed crusties to her so she knows what will happen if she doesn't study hard at school or hangs around with the wrong sorts.

Anyone planning to attend?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

It's got trouble written all over it. Not the best place to take a child IMHO.

Who do you think are the people most likely to take a day off to attend?

Comment

What and lose a day's invoicing?!?

Nope, I'll still bill for the day since there's nothing in it for me - it's what she would have wanted.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

Maybe back in the day, the yoof of today largely don't know who she was. That leaves some disgruntled middleaged and old people who probably are not arsed by now.

Comment

"Take a day off" and "most likely to attend"

Think about it.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Missing a day's school to show her the importance of school? I'm sure there's logic there somewhere.

Comment

Chicken!

I'll be there, as I'm not in contract at the moment, and am living in London.

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
                Maybe back in the day, the yoof of today largely don't know who she was.
                Apparently that hasn't stopped floods of sneering spiteful abuse all over FB and Twitter by people who weren't born until after she abdicated. Coz itz cool innit to hate Tories and especially their figurehead

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Was thinking I may pop up to London for the ceremonial funeral, take my daughter to pay our respects to the most evil post war leader since Hitler and also to point out the coffin so she knows who is responsible for the U.K being bankrupt and why when she grows up she will be washing a Germans BMW for a quid.

Anyone planning to attend?
                  FTFY

Comment

£8 million quid they reckon it'll cost. Talk about a waste of public money. If they can't get her beloved private sector to fund it, they should spare the Exchequer and chuck the old bat in a skip.

Comment

Working...
                    X