• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

buying a new PC....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buying a new PC....

Hi Guys

I want to upgrade my 4 year old Mesh as it's dying a death with all the software etc on it now. I want a desktop with at least 19" screen and powerful enough for online gaming and running the usual apps.

Can you recommend a good deal anywhere... Dell, Mesh, anything else?

Is it worth waiting for the new Microsoft operating system??

Cheers

The only gear worthy of a gaming contractor is http://www.alienware.co.uk/Product_P...l_default.aspx

Accept no substitute although they have been aquired by Dell.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Build your own! I do!

Comment

Build your own or go Dell were doing some good deals a couple of weeks ago including 19" flat panel monitor.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Build your own.

Put in the components that matter to you, the style of case, monitor etc.

I build all my own PC's

Some of them even boot up.

Comment

Life's too short to build your own PC these days - it can't be about money as it's just as cheap to buy a pre built one and I've got better things to do with my time! Dell are OK - so are plenty of others.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

well said lockhouse
              "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Building a PC takes about 2hrs from start to finish. Not exactly a great deal of time to waste for a computer to the exact spec you want (I build mine for overclocking).

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                  Building a PC takes about 2hrs from start to finish. Not exactly a great deal of time to waste for a computer to the exact spec you want (I build mine for overclocking).

Plus the time sourcing the components you want, waiting for them to arrive. Sending back any that arn't as ordered or DOA. Waiting for replacements...
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Yeah but there's always one bit that doesn't work and it's always a hassle and for every one that takes two hours to build, another takes two weeks...
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X