• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So how's Plan A going?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So how's Plan A going?

Into month two.

Finished of a job for client A today part of which was doing a migration to new kit. They asked me to dispose of the old kit (twelve decent spec PC's), sold on to client B for their call centre expansion at 100% profit plus the spinoff of configuring, is biz always this easy?

Me, me, me...

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Into month two.

Finished of a job for client A today part of which was doing a migration to new kit. They asked me to dispose of the old kit (twelve decent spec PC's), sold on to client B for their call centre expansion at 100% profit plus the spinoff of configuring, is biz always this easy?

I have found a business starts out good or just doesn't take off at all.

But from my experience, the only way to make a lot of money is by taking it from someone else.
    This time the client gave it to you, did you go the extra mile and charge them for the disposal?

That's why I sold my business, I didn't want to become that type of person, who spends the day thinking up ways to bill more without actually doing more.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Into month two.

Nice work

Apparently it gets even better if you get them to lease kit! I was doing some work for a start up and we worked out that leasing a server worked out at 80% of capital expenditure for the client. But somehow gave the leasing agency an additional 25% return on the cost of the kit so yes we would agree with your conclusion

Comment

Working...
      X