• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fellow Director Taking Permie - How to divest their earnings and interests ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fellow Director Taking Permie - How to divest their earnings and interests ?

Have a fellow Director who is taking up a permie role now but having earned quite a bit into the business should be able to take it out in effect.

What's the best way for them to take their earned income out of the company at the lowest tax rate before/after they go perm ?

if they remain active in the business, but not as a 'contributor' in terms of income, can they continue to receive dividends and pension deductions ?

Or is it best for them to simply 'sell' their shareholding or resign (how to handle their earnings at lowest rate of tax).

Hope this makes sense. Suggestions and options welcomed !

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Ask your accountant?
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    If you haven't got an accountant find one.
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I think the deafening silence is the experience of the community being voiced. Surely it is relevant if you have an accountant or not as you are asking a question that requires a professional accountant. One that knows your history, how much we are talking, how near thresholds you are, how much you already pay in to a pension etc which can help him give you an informed decision. I would have thought any answer based on the almost zero information you have provided will be as much use as guessing.

Stick it all in a pension and don't pay any tax on it. That is probably the most tax efficient manner as you will hit higher tax thresholds if you continue to divi it out to yourself. Could be a good time to liquidate the company and use the benefits with that to both take your cash out tax efficiently and then start another up for just yourself. You get 1% off FRS for a year so lots of lovely money to be made.

That's my best guesses.
    These all still apply.

HTH

Comment

Wait until the accountants turn up tomorrow.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
      X