• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview... what interview???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview... what interview???

I received the following email today. Note to protect the "innocent" I replaced some info by "xxx".

========insert starts========
    Date: April 22, 2013 1:14:34 PM GMT+02:00
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Invitation to job Interview
    Reply-To: [email protected]

Hi
    As a result your application, I would like to invite you to attend an interview.
    You will have an interview with the department manager, xxx xxx. The interview will last about 30 min.
    Please bring three reference (If available), as well as a copy of your ID, e.g. Passport, Driving License to the interview.
    Please contact me on 0706484xxxx or 0709990xxxx, in order to arrange an interview
    We look forward to seeing you
    Best regards
    xxx xxx
    ========insert ends========

There are some obvious grammatical errors and a yahoo email. Very professional. 3 references... Ya, sure... he is even cheep to call to fish for references... what a jerk.

There is no trace of the individual or the department manager on LinkedIn.
    Last edited by istvan; 22 April 2013, 11:46.
    My mind has gone blank. I wonder if it was always that way.

I was curious, so I called the number. Voice recording said "we are the largest recruiting firm in the UK... .... .... no experience necessary". The call was obviously forwarded to some foreign destination, Nigeria or Ukraine I suspect. I am still investigating...

Comment

Hhmmm, I can see why the 'radar went off...
      latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Originally posted by kevpuk View Post
        Hhmmm, I can see why the 'radar went off...
        no reply to my email either... case closed

Comment

Originally posted by istvan View Post
          I was curious, so I called the number. Voice recording said "we are the largest recruiting firm in the UK... .... .... no experience necessary". The call was obviously forwarded to some foreign destination, Nigeria or Ukraine I suspect. I am still investigating...
          Have you checked your mobile bill ?

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by istvan View Post
              foreign destination, Nigeria or Ukraine I suspect. ...
              Hmmm.....

Comment

Ouch!

Comment

Same

I received same, full details from jokers below........still trying to work out the angle - but as peeps have said, check the phone bill!!!

Hi
                  As a result your application, I would like to invite you to attend an interview.
                  You will have an interview with the department manager, Edie Wilson. The interview will last about 30 min.
                  Please bring three reference (If available), as well as a copy of your ID, e.g. Passport, Driving License to the interview.
                  Please contact me on 07064848759, in order to arrange an interview
                  We look forward to seeing you

Best regards
                  Mark Leeman

Comment

070 numbers up to £1 a minute.

Not the kind of number to chat away on for half-an-hour.

Comment

Working...
                    X