PDA

View Full Version : I hate being ill

NotAllThere
29th April 2013, 20:05
Developed a cold over the weekend. Had to bill from home today.

darmstadt
29th April 2013, 20:24

Me too, started Friday but seems to have mainly cleared now so it didn't stop me going to the dentists this morning for further root canal and crown treatment on a front tooth and then the orthopedic doctor for some electric shock treatment and sucking cups on my back, neck and shoulders followed by a 300km drive and still managed to bill a few hours today :wink

NorthWestPerm2Contr
29th April 2013, 20:44

Exactly the same for me. Developed illness on Sunday and WFH today. Nasty.

One more reason to get out of the UK.

SimonMac
29th April 2013, 20:53
*cough* Suity *cough*

Troll
29th April 2013, 21:24
Developed a cold over the weekend. Had to bill from home today.MTFU!

MarillionFan
29th April 2013, 21:29

B is for bug that you have today,
e is e-coli which is a terrible bacteria,
d is for day which you spent at home,
w is for weekend, which is when you got your cold,
e is for exception, which we all have sometimes,
t is for throat, which is ever so sore,
t is for tickle, oh cough cough cough,
e is for epidemic, which seems so rife.,
r is for respite, oh do please put your feetup & hope you feel better soon.

EternalOptimist
29th April 2013, 23:55

Hope it blows over soon NAT, but just in case, make sure your will is up to date and dont mix with the kids or friends or the missus.
Dont make any long term plans and dont worry about getting life insurance because it's too late now.

apart from that, chin up, hope it blows over soon

:rolleyes:

mudskipper
30th April 2013, 04:53
Friggin' permie came in yesterday, looking and sounding like she was at death's door.

On being asked if she was "OK" she burst into tears and said how ill she felt.

After much persuasion, she went home, but only after she'd coughed and spluttered her germs for a couple of hours.

If I get ill and miss a day's invoicing, I'm suing her. (Actually, maybe I'll post that question for NLUK in professional!)

Hope you feel better soon NAT. :hug:

centurian
30th April 2013, 06:00
If I get ill and miss a day's invoicing, I'm suing her. (Actually, maybe I'll post that question for NLUK in professional!)

I wonder how long it will be before some ambulance chasing lawyer tries that one on. Like that PC that tripped over a kerb in Thetford when answering a 999 call.

"That stabbing victim had a cold - and he gave it to me when I attending the 999 call. He coughed when I was in the room. I need compensating for the 2 weeks I will be off sick and unable to do any overtime. My lawyers will serve him with papers when he gets out of surgery."

Scrag Meister
30th April 2013, 07:14
My initial read on the subject was "I hate being !!!".:D

NotAllThere
30th April 2013, 13:27
Well, today feeling a lot better so went in to the office. The motivation was of course to get my timesheet signed. It was my birthday over the weekend, so I took some cakes in. Of course, this being the continent, as soon as they knew it had been my birthday, they all had to shake my hand. And then they ate the cakes.:sick

I'm expecting an outbreak of absence due to man-cold among the permies during the next few days...

MarillionFan
30th April 2013, 14:23
Well, today feeling a lot better so went in to the office. The motivation was of course to get my timesheet signed. It was my birthday over the weekend, so I took some cakes in. Of course, this being the continent, as soon as they knew it had been my birthday, they all had to shake my hand. And then they ate the cakes.:sick

I'm expecting an outbreak of absence due to man-cold among the permies during the next few days...

Glad you're feeling better princess.

mudskipper
30th April 2013, 14:27
My initial read on the subject was "I hate being !!!".:D

Well, stop thinking then !!!

- Descartes

Scoobos
30th April 2013, 15:44
See it as a holiday and get well soon you whinging pome.

mudskipper
9th May 2013, 09:35
Sounds like a doctor's waiting room in ClientCo today. Coughing, spluttering, sneezing, snorting all around.

Think I should work from home so I don't get ill.

Pogle
9th May 2013, 09:59
Well I'm feeling chipper :wave: