• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Had lunch with an ex-Army mate ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had lunch with an ex-Army mate ....

...who is livid about Afghan interpreters not being allowed to come to the UK. I wasn't aware of the issue but it does seem a bit off.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    ...who is livid about Afghan interpreters not being allowed to come to the UK. I wasn't aware of the issue but it does seem a bit off.
    really ?

I heard that WHAM! have split up as well.

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      really ?

When!!??

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        When!!??
        No Wham
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          really ?

I should explain that I don't read newspapers or watch the news on the grounds that its mostly bollux.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

I should explain that I don't read newspapers or watch the news on the grounds that its mostly bollux.
            If you had analytical brain with capacity for critical judgement then you'd be able to separate valueable information from bollox.

This story about Afghan interpreters has been around for a while - it goes without question they should be taken into UK unless they wish to stay. If not then who'd help British forces in the future when they'd know what would happen to them?

Comment

Had lunch with an ex-Army mate
              And that was when the story fell apart. Ignoring the fact its been news for about 18months and is both grossly unfair and downright stupid.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Ah Yes.
                The old 'I was not aware'
                'Nothing to do with me'
                'Ve ver only urbuyink ze orders'
                'Not in my name'

defence

You should pay a bit more attention to what is going on around you. lest people come to the conclusion that you are some sort of cretin

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

i should explain that i don't read newspapers or watch the news on the grounds that I'm a cretin.
                  FTFY HTH bidi
                  Last edited by Old Greg; 2 May 2013, 21:14.

Comment

The most unbelievable part of this story is that SAS has got a 'mate'
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                    X